Android appz

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The point is Barx, we will all chip in mate!

I can code in Reverse Polish and a "special" version of (early) Basic in my head, I can do ladder with my eyes closed, I can to S5, S7 & AB stuff, I can do Access DB's, I can do drive coding and various Indramat & Bosch Rexroth dedicated device programming including Visual Motion, however, never tried programming PC's etc. outside dedicated packages!

If you can code I'm sure I can help with the raw data?

As well as others here?

Not to take anything away from Barx, great idea BTW...

Has anyone had a look at "Capable" in the iPhone app store,,, just downloaded it for my iPad and on first impressions it looks good..

Might be good to compare its results to other options??

Someone on the iet forum has just made an iPhone app to do cable calcs. Don't think it's on the app store yet but instructions are on there of how to download through pc.

It wont do me a 450 amp calculation for 90 deg multicore SWA.....Fuses only go up to 200 Amps, Mcbs 125 Amps

Waste of me pennies..... Gonna email them for a refund....Just reviewed it in the store....

Barx - Take note if your going to do calcs for 7671 then we need to do all for all cable sizes not just the easy ones !
I suppose that depends on the kind of work that you do....

Is it accurate for smaller circuits though??

Made a start on app.

Decided to go for a tabbed view with a logo at top.

RefTab.jpg

CalcTab.jpg

'TEF Forum' Tab is empty at mo. Still thinking of what to put on it.

Tapping 'Installation Reference Methods' bring up a scrollable list of said methods. Click a 'Method' then pops up a message box with details.

Doesn't sound much yet, but a deffinate start and to say I'm learning a new system, it's definately progress.

Let me know what you think either way - Good? Bad? or Ugly?

Cheers

looks good,

if you need guinea pigs Im sure a few of us would experiment with it.

some guys here do domestics, some com or ind,

some small loads, some larger,

I dont quite do canoes sizes, but past while been sizing some biggish(for me) solars up,

good work so far. :D

Looks good up to now,,,however...I'm not knocking it, but the logo bit at the top of the screen takes over a third of the screen:O
Yeah, I know mate. I actually did it that way to take up the space as the feature lists would have had empty space below. The logo is only on the main screen. If it becomes a problem I will change it. Much smaller though and I fear it will be unreadable.

Thanks for the feedback.

Canoe, not too sure on the 'number wheels' yet. On android you can set the input type. Setting this to numeric means your onscreen keyboard only has numbers and a handfull of symbols/signs. I personally think this could be faster input than wheels.

Steps, Not a fan of flashy nonsence myself. Dont even think I will go as far as a splash screen (maybe I will though ;) ). I like to get straight to the point. Especially on something like this were the user is likely to be at work and wants to get on with it.

function over form every time for stuff like this Barx,

remember, you may well be selling this to people like myself, struggling to get on top of technology, just want it to work, not bothered by coloured screens never mind anything else, black and white will do(or green and black as computers used to be!)

One of the lads I work with every now and again has suggested a Convertors section. Length, distance, weight, temp, energy, frequency, etc.

What's folks thoughts on this? going to far, cluttering up or decent and useful?? Would be on a seperate (4th) tab on the main screen so not really obtrusive to the rest of the app.

Again, thanks for the views, really helping.