Apprentice (C&g 2357 Final Year) Looking To Switch, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAP

Reaction score
Hello all,

Im an apprentice currently enrolled onto the 2357 course at northampton. Im looking to switch firms as my current employer is going through difficult times and might possibly go out of business. More importantly im not getting the proper support and training needed to complete my apprenticeship.

I completed the full time 2330 course last year gaining 5 distinctions and a credit in 6 exams.

I then started my apprenticeship in september last year after working voluntarily with a foreman on site for two months, having impressed the foreman so much in this short space of time he vouched for me and my employer agreed to take me on in exchange for loyalty to the firm, i feel no loyalty is owed as in the end  i had to sponser my self through college when my employer unexpectedly refused to pay my college fees and im not being given any experience in the commercial and industrial fields.

I only have experience in new build domestic installations and am currently 2nd fixing on my own everyday as i have my own tools, drill driver, continuity tester etc, i do this so well that when a subby earning 4 times more than me was sent to my site i checked his work on my own initiative only to find amongst other things he had wired all the lighting circuits incorrectly costing me valuable time in rectifying his work.

I can also 1st fix on my own working quickly and to a high standard though i do not have my own power tools required.

I am 25 years old, from northampton  and have my own transport. I can if needed permanently relocate to bedfordshire or cambridgeshire areas.

Thanks 

Lap looking for work

Mullen Electrical

Bedford Based company, well established for over 20 years

call 01234 340777 ask for Lee Davies or Barry Smith

look forward to hearing from you

Latest posts