Armeg Screwdriver Set

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blades from Torque set

2i6nrdc.jpg

Mmmmm

Remarkably similar...if not identical BUT only on the Haupa TORQUE system. The HAUPA Standard system uses a different format, or at least it appears to. Strange to have two types...unless it is a marketting ploy to get you to buy TWO sets?

I will put a picture up later of the ARMEG blade against a ruler for comparison

Now off to search the HAUPA site for comparison

Was waiting at the counter in CEF (yes I can hear the scoffing but it was the closest place), on their new led TV's they were punting some engex torque drivers very similar to the arneg and haupa offerings. Can't seem to find them anywhere on the internet though :C

I know its a year old thread however I bought a set of Armeg drivers along with the torque driver after my schneider set got stolen from a site.

I found that most of the time at higher torque settings than 2.5 the driver slipped off before reaching the set torque. Anyone else had this problem with them?

You mean that the driver cams out????

You need to push harder or use the correct blade ;)

I have a Draper set... Doesn't need a silly Allen key tool to set and my Wera blades, almost, fit.....Well they fit but don't lock in

I know its a year old thread however I bought a set of Armeg drivers along with the torque driver after my schneider set got stolen from a site.

I found that most of the time at higher torque settings than 2.5 the driver slipped off before reaching the set torque. Anyone else had this problem with them?
I cannot comment on the Torque handle as I have yet to receive my evaluation sample from MM. I know he is MEGGER busy so I have not pestered him about it. As some of you know I have had other more pressing matters to contend with...so testing and comparing Torque handles was not top,of my list

Torque Screwdriver Full Range.JPG

Hi Kerching,

I know about your other pressing matters, so I won't add to your load.

Let me know if you want to evaluate my Torque Screwdriver Handles and Blades and, when you are ready, I will send you whatever combination you need.

SBS Dave

I need a set to comply with the installation certification. They have to be calibrated as well.

Ok, you can suggest that 526.1 does not require a torque driver to be used.

However, these all require taking into account manufacturers instructions, and the last one states that these must be available.

611.2(ii)

611.3(xvi)

Now find me a manufacturer that does not issue torque settings for their breakers...

You won't find one unfortunately, and the requirement is explicit, and specific.

As far as calibration goes that is down to the manufacturer of the torque device, and your companies quality control standards.

If you bake a cake and the recipe says 500g of flour how do you verify that the quantity you use is exactly 500g ? If you use a set of scales are they calibrated ?

So it is with regulations, it tells you what the regulation is but it does not always tell you how to comply, it expects that you know.

It is also now regulation and all distribution boards are set to comply with a label or notice within the packaging setting out the recommended torque settings.

I include in my certificates a torque setting list and a photocopy of my calibration certificate.

What if the cable can not take the stresses of the recommended torque setting? Do you also torque screw accessory terminals?

Latest posts