Boiler Thermostat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin-5

Reaction score
From a Regs point of view, is it allowed to run a thermostat cable(bell cable) inside the same outlet as the boiler flex outlet?
In the picture attached the twin and earth does the flex outlet point for the boiler and on the right there's the bell cable doing the thermostat.
My question is solely for the routing of the cables inside the box outlet, is that permissible?

Attachments

• IMG_20220326_201017.jpg
    IMG_20220326_201017.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 13
Two considerations in my book:-

(1) Safety:
If either cable has some damaged insulation, is the insulation on the other cable sufficient to withstand the highest voltage present on either cable?
Thinking along the guidance in sections 413/416 etc...?

(2) Functionality:
Could any induced voltages from either cable mess-up the electrical functions of the other cable?

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. I have already taken care of the technical side which your questions are pointing to.
Both conditions above are satisfied.
Both cables are can run alongside each other.
The thermostat cable is shielded so no interference and it is designed fort he job.
My question is can the point designed to be the power outlet be used for routing other cables? Is there such a limitation in the Regs?