Canalis Kba Busbar Trunking

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono Pashley

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a tap off unit availiable with switching capability, ive done a search but found nothing that doesnt require the factory fitted version to control the switching.

Cheers

Jono

Jono,

Not sure what you mean, I've "done" Canalis before, explain a little more?

I've a Funeral tomorrow late a.m. & flat out before, and it "may" be a good Welsh affair, a boy I was in school with, same age as me, just died of Cancer, so it's hit me a bit too, so I may not be up to much at all tomorrow, have "booked" a day off just in case!!!

You know where I am.

Can't think of one offhand  Jono,   theres a disconecting device in the older Canalis boxes as I remember.  Don't know any with a switch  though.

I've been clearing out a lot of my catalogues lately so I can't check .

Background to it is, Ive been landed with sorting out the lighting and power in a very large home store, they want to be able to turn 50% of the lighting off in the summer, their current arrangement turns off one of the two phases feeding the rails the problem is this also turns off any sockets connected to this phase on the rails. moving the sockets all onto one phase would create a even greater imbalance than they already have as one phase is pulling 70A and when the 50% switch is active the second phase 0A. Supply to the feeder busbars is 25mm 4 core SWA from a 100A MCCB.

Company seem very happy to just bung all the sockets on the active phase a solution which while quite simple just makes the balance problems worse. Unfortunately they want right now and easy, and didnt like my idea of controlling a phase on each rail via contactors and spreading the load more evenly. Some of this may be incoherant rambling its been a long day and ive had a few beers in me now!

CRAP!

Sidey sorry I've accidentally clicked a descoobed on post 3

How do I undo that - anyone?

Last edited by a moderator: