Codebreakers book

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a previous life I sat on the NVQ review committee at the CIC, every one was represented except the actual workforce, those at the coal face doing the work.
probably becuase they were out doing some work instead of sitting round a desk trying to come up with more rules to justify their jobs. same as H&S people. they come in, make improvements & good things, then once thats done they need to find more ways to justify their jobs...

The problem is that people use it to justify their codes which isn’t right

The Best Practice Guide No 4 , issue 5 is a far better reference AND is free installers AND customers alike - plus bear in mind NAPIT contributed to it too
Very true about the Best Practice guide but it's not as thorough or wide-ranging as the Codebreakers book. Forr learners its not quite as effective to follow the trail back to BS7671 to find out why they think it should be a particular code which at the end of the day is what everyone should be using to justify the code. Maybe Napit should stick a health warning on the cover?

probably becuase they were out doing some work instead of sitting round a desk trying to come up with more rules to justify their jobs. same as H&S people. they come in, make improvements & good things, then once thats done they need to find more ways to justify their jobs...
It's that sort of attitude that makes the rules necessary.

Not sure I agree with your comment.

Continual change is the source of many problems because changes may be made but there is no way to ensure that the masses even know about them, let alone act on them:):)
Continual change is also the source of innovation and improvements without change we stagnate.

Please make your point without quoting me.

Moderators please remove post No 27, it has my name on it and is not one of my posts.

Last edited:
Not asking for the thread to be closed, just not being miss-quoted with my name on the post, don't think that is unreasonable.

Last edited:
IMO it's not acceptable to be able to edit other peoples posts, you did not edit it for me, but for you to make a point I did not originally make, if the edited post is spaced away from the original, no one would be able to see what was originally posted by the author or original meaning, if it's not against Forum rules it should be.

IMO it's not acceptable to be able to edit other peoples posts, especially if the edited post is spaced away from the original, no one would be able to see what was originally posted by the author or original meaning, if it's not against Forum rules it should be.

Hum

I stated it was edited and everybody can see what was done. Its no different on many forums

Its not as if I actually edited YOUR original post

Nobody can see what was done if the edited post is spaced away from the original post, no different on many forums is not relevant, no member should be able to modify a quoted post, no matter what sort of justification they make.

Nobody can see what was done if the edited post is spaced away from the original post, no different on many forums is not relevant, no member should be able to modify a quoted post, no matter what sort of justification they make.

nonsense.

This happens regularly, sometimes many years later.

Not nonsense in any way, no member should be able to edit another members post no matter when it is and leave the original posters name attached to it, it is wrong in so many ways, and could be construed as libel to attribute something that is not the original posters intent, or thoughts.

If you wish to do this it would be polite to leave the original posters quoted post intact and then put what you thing they should have said underneath.

Last edited:
Not nonsense in any way, no member should be able to edit another members post

As has been said (several times) your original post has not been edited, also (again as has been said) no member can edit another member's post. You appear to be worrying over nothing.:)

It is possible to quote another member, and then to edit the quote, which is what I just did to yours (As a member, not a moderator) the text is as it was, but I changed the colours of one word to show a point. Anyone wishing to see the original quote only has to click on the arrow within a circle that is next to the quoted author's name.

Guys, its a lovely sunny day, virtually shake hands and have a beer.

I don't agree with having words put into my mouth, I find it unacceptable to quote a members post in a modified form.

Latest posts