Codebreakers book

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't agree with having words put into my mouth, I find it unacceptable to quote a members post in a modified form.

No words are being "put into your mouth" If you care to look/join any other forum you will find that any member can quote any post and alter the quote, but they can not alter the original text. It is not just this one.

I would however suggest you may like to give the forum a break for a few days. Complaining will be pointless as it is how forum software is written, if you find it really offensive, you do not have to stay.

You seem to think I am under stress, far from it but the "First rule of management is resolve a problem not move it sideways".

What concerns me is that this seems to be acceptable behaviour by those that have responded on this subject, I just hope it does not turn around and become a litigation issue.

Last edited:
First rule of management is resolve a problem not move it sideways.

What concerns me is that this seems to be acceptable behaviour by those that have responded on this subject, I just hope it does not turn around and become a litigation issue.
There is no problem, you are trying and failing to make an issue when there is no issue. What you are succeeding in doing is side tracking the thread and making it about you. Someone quoted your post and modified it in theirs, who cares only you it seems. Get over it.
Litigation Jesus Christ whatever next.

Last edited:
Quite correct I do care as it was about one of my posts, resorting to the need for blasphemy to try and get a point across is unnecessary.

If everyone stops posting about this issue I will let it drop.

Quite correct I do care as it was about one of my posts, resorting to the need for blasphemy to try and get a point across is unnecessary.

YOU are missing the point. YOUR original post still says what you wrote. Under the version in my post I included "edited that for you"

Anyone reading this thread can see the original and amended versions because there is no way for a standard poster to amend an original post - but I do think mods can and very occasionally do have to .

No you are missing the most important point, any casual observer will see the modified post and not know that they can see the original by clicking on the arrow beside the name, I certainly did not know that until the moderator mention it, therefore the casual observer will attribute the modified post to the original poster, I did say if everyone stoped posting on this subject I will also, you seem determined to keep this going.

No you are missing the most important point, any casual observer will see the modified post and not know that they can see the original by clicking on the arrow beside the name, I certainly did not know that until the moderator mention it, therefore the casual observer will attribute the modified post to the original poster, I did say if everyone stoped posting on this subject I will also, you seem determined to keep this going.

you seem to determined to keep this going. Not me

I did say if everyone stoped posting on this subject I will also, you seem determined to keep this going.
But you want people to carry on posting to continue the inane point you are trying and failing to make. You like to argue trivial points because you believe you are superior, gives you a sense of importance and this may work in your life outside of the forum but it doesn't work on here.

dont believe everything you read on the internet - Albert Einstein

Latest posts