Commercial Exploitation Of This Trade.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure that the moment they are notified of such error there will be the necessary disclosure/rewrite available, to cover their rear end in the event of any incident?

As I always tell the story....

I am not that old (well turning 50 in a couple of weeks) and I started my personal safari on the 14th last edition ( the one listed with amendments 1976)

If you look at the list of editions I am around half way down so all the editions before me cover the previous 100 years, and my  'half' cover the last 30 or so.

You have to conclude that either

1) we live in a fast changing world, where they need to keep us up to speed ...... or 

2) they have realised that it is a cheap shot way to stiff us out of money

I myself refuse to be drawn on the argument

Well since thatcher the world seems possessed by money and money chasers, and yes it's a fast changing world it's just a shame that no one else is keeping up when it comes to electrical installation, harmonisation my ***e! More like we'll harmonise enough to allow cheap foreign labour to exploit our wealth as a country.

Just .........reflecting.

Basically, they will try to insist that although following the regulations is COMPULSORY and enforced by law, with huge penalties if you do not follow them. [insofar as you will not get building regs approval [which is a CRIMINAL offence] uless you DO follow them to the letter, you follow them at your own risk!!!!!!

john...

Quite true Deke, and they're only building the structure! Mind at least building control pay an interest in their work, more so than ours? It does beggar belief though, I've worked in and around trades for many years and could probably lay bricks and blocks just as well, but would I be competent?

There are many things to learn in every trade ........as you say ..how hard is it to lay bricks ?  

A lot of people don't know little things like , when laying Thermalite blocks , you need a weak mix with the compo .   Strong mix splits the blocks as it dries .

Brickwork....how hard can it be?

No matter WHAT bond is being used it is "one on top of two" whether it be english Garden. Wall bond, rat trap bond, stretcher bond.

HOWEVER. If you saw my brickwork you would doubtless say. WTF is that? I hope he is going to plaster it!

I bricked a doorway up at home, told my plasterer mate that the wall was up but it was not that brilliant. He said not to worry as he would sort it out. Turned up to plaster it and said " Fu....g H...l, i know I am good but I am not THAT good!"

Anyway a bag of drywall and two 8x4 boards and it was sorted. Don't know why i bothered sinking all the boxes!!

Just laying

Latest posts