diagrams

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan.

Reaction score
does anybody leave a wiring diagram for the work they have done in someones house?

i was talkin to a spark mate who said he does a diagram for the circuits hes work on or added?

sounds like what a diyer would leave.

would be useful but would add to the labour cost

does anybody leave a wiring diagram for the work they have done in someones house?i was talkin to a spark mate who said he does a diagram for the circuits hes work on or added?
Hi Dan...

If I do a complete rewire..

I do a rough sketch of each floor of the property..

Then using different colours.. and nice little blobs, boxes or triangles (or similar)

I show the approx layout of sockets/switches/light fittings/spurs etc..

and the cable route order in a join-the-dots sort of fashion!

It take less than 10mins to draw up... ;)

staple it to the elect cert, and

If it happens to be you who goes back in a few years time for alterations/amendments you are laughing!! :D

If doing an addition to existing circuit;

I just provide a clear written description of what has been added / removed / amended etc..

as it can be difficult the draw bits of wiring when you don't know where half of it goes!!! :(

Similar to SL here mate. ;) rough sketchie thingy for me!
Ah but have you progressed on from the "CRAYOLA" wax crayons yet m8! ]:) :^O :^O:^O

OR

Did Mrs KME get you some posh "STAEDTLET" fine line ink pens for your birthday (as well as the plates?)....

to do accurate sketches??? ; \ ; \ ?:| :eek: ; ) ;) :x

Ah but have you progressed on from the "CRAYOLA" wax crayons yet m8! ]:) :^O :^O:^OOR

Did Mrs KME get you some posh "STAEDTLET" fine line ink pens for your birthday (as well as the plates?)....

to do accurate sketches??? ; \ ; \ ?:| :eek: ; ) ;) :x
The crayola are all I get to stay between my toes mate! She tapes a piece of paper to the padding, and I do the drawing-sketch-mess-thing:O:p:p:O] :)

Latest posts