Do you smoke

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No never have, only time I smoke if I get to close to fire. :coat
few years ago i put a sign up in my garage saying 'if smoke is seen, we will assume you are on fire and appropriate action will be taken'. and then emptied a fire extinguisher onto my dad.

few years ago i put a sign up in my garage saying 'if smoke is seen, we will assume you are on fire and appropriate action will be taken'. and then emptied a fire extinguisher onto my dad.
Crumbs what do you do if they upset you Shoot them?

;)

Well i started at 11, got into the wrong crowd in comp, we used to put our dinner money together, buy 20 and share them between us.

I gave up nearly 3 yrs ago,

having my kids not hug me before bed because i stunk of smoke really hurt.

If i can give up....anyone can :)

Dirty smelly habit. Was a club doorman for 15 years and watching girls smoke was the unsexiest of things. Major turn - off.
I often look at women smoking and cringe at the thought that i used to be like that!! :|

I would hope that in this day and age people are brought up differently to how I was brought up.

I came from a very deprived area, my first cigerettes where stolen from my parents, Park drive or Senoirs.We used to live in a mill town, they used whicker baskets for the weft and cotton, we used to cut these up and smoke the whicker, that how deprived we use to be.

Nowadays people are all too eager to blame their upbringing for their crimes etc, I came from a background of abuse, malnurishment, ill treatment, poor if not poverty, yet I now run a succesfull company and have people dependant on me to provide finance for their mortgages and houshold bills.If they knew how poor an upbringing I had they would never believe me.

On a side note, my childhood to me still is a very happy memory, I loved growing up we never knew any different.

At an age of 9 I was expected to contribute to the finance of the family, school came second, although I did attend and get good results.

Times have now changed, and whilst there is still poverty, it is not on the same scale has it was when I was a lad.

"Smoke few times a week"Now that is an interesting one to place in the poll.

The Godfather
I smoke on very rare occasions, once or twice maybe every 6months. I'll just occasionally fancy a smoke so do and then I'll not be bothered about it for ages, can just take it or leave it.

Similar to me , Greeny, the Birmingham back streets were our playground, at 11 you could buy one Park Drive and a match at local shops. We were out on the streets for hours on our own, paedeophiles didn't seem to have been invented in those days. First "job" was " Mind your car Sir?" as the street filled up with cars on a Saturday, away fans heading for Villa Park. When the street was full we 'd dash to the ground, stand at the back exclaiming with loud voices that we couldn't see, we would then be propelled to the front.

Then dash back to pretend to have been guarding the cars all afternoon, recieve a shilling (old money) per car.

At 13 it was a paper round morning and evening, Saturdays at a car lot washing cars for sale and helping mechanics. Left school at 15 . My nieghbours sons ,18 and 25 have never worked, get up at 1.30 every day ,live off parents. Lazy barstewards. :(

Thankfully my parents , although not well off, were intelligent and honest (my brother went from our sec.mod school ( famous ex pupil Ozzie Osbourn) to Doctor of Physics at Durham Uni. House was full of books, I was the best read street urchin in the area, no TV till I was about 12.

Half the kids I grew up with ended up in prison but my parents values saved me from all that crap, " If you want a bike ,theres a frame ,go earn some money , buy the other bits and build one" I miss them. Blimey I'm gooing on a bit here, I'll be black leading the tram lines next, Greenys fault this is .

As the saying goes "Self praise, is no recommendation". ;)

I didn't have a bad time as a nipper. My dad is from a farming family (tennants) so all my spare time was spent on the farm working....spud picking...rogue'in (thats walking the wheat field pulling barley out that shouldn't be there)....stacking the rick...(my dad remembers using shire horses & wagons as a boy his first paying job as a 7 year old was to be up before sun up & polish the shires brass tac ).

Not all work as I went out with the game keeper & water bailiff fishing / shooting.

My old Grandad even taught me how to tickle & catch trout in the river Loddon.

Then there was my Mum's side so regular trips to Treherbert & Treorchy....None of the locals would talk to us untill they found out who my Grandfather was.

I didn't have a bad time as a nipper. My dad is from a farming family (tennants) so all my spare time was spent on the farm working....spud picking...rogue'in (thats walking the wheat field pulling barley out that shouldn't be there)....stacking the rick...(my dad remembers using shire horses & wagons as a boy his first paying job as a 7 year old was to be up before sun up & polish the shires brass tac ).Not all work as I went out with the game keeper & water bailiff fishing / shooting.

My old Grandad even taught me how to tickle & catch trout in the river Loddon.

Then there was my Mum's side so regular trips to Treherbert & Treorchy....None of the locals would talk to us untill they found out who my Grandfather was.
thats dreadful.