Domestic rewire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have the draft EIC.

This does NOT exist within the definitions of BS7671 wiring regulations....
Or any aspect of the guidance given in Part 6 of the above publication..

And as Part 6 covers "Inspection & testing" of electrical installations, but does not mention "draft" documents,
I doubt your EIC has any value to anyone at all!?

Another quick question. Does the removal of the fascias make an EIC void?
any intereference with the system voids paperwork and warranties. It's a common problem with gear and electrical work, if there's a problem you need to contact the installer / manufacturer to sort it out rather than open gear up and investigate problems yourself. Any mention or evidence of interferenece and everybody says warranty is void, even if the problem was clearly their work or materials.

The penny finally dropped on this statement! The hole is too deep for a standard back box. A deeper back box would help to alleviate that particular problem.
it's not unusual to have back boxes set deeper than flush, that's why you can buy longer facia screws, which every sparky has. The important part is the back box being fixed securely, and sometimes that is achieved with the plastering due to, for example, crumbling bricks.

No such thing as a draft you either have a complete EIC or you don't.

The electrician said he had submitted the results and supplied us with the draft EIC to show that it had been tested. I called NAPIT and they told me the results were not sent to them but to the relevant authorities. He has 21 days from the date of testing to issue the certificate.

Attachments

• draftEIC.PNG
    draftEIC.PNG
    202.4 KB · Views: 0
^^ not sure I agree with the 21 days

With NAPIT you have 21 days to notify for Part P which is not the EIC

The EIC is normally issued with the completion certificate

any intereference with the system voids paperwork and warranties. It's a common problem with gear and electrical work, if there's a problem you need to contact the installer / manufacturer to sort it out rather than open gear up and investigate problems yourself. Any mention or evidence of interferenece and everybody says warranty is void, even if the problem was clearly their work or materials.

There were no problems with the installation apart from the loose live cable in P4, the single socket supplying the fridge. This was reinstated. The only thing I changed were three switched double sockets for three switched double USB sockets. I isolated the ground floor sockets (as indicated in the consumer unit), reinstated the power then checked that all sockets which worked fine.

When he tested the install he did find a fault. He explained that a terminal screw had clamped down on some insulation. I asked if it was anything I had done and he said no.

So you have altered the system.

I have indeed. I told him I wanted the USB fascias and he offered to supply them. I told him I already had them but he didn't offer to fit them. He tested the system after I had fitted them and declared they were safe.

He still owes you an EIC, which is a legal requirement and cannot be withheld even if you haven't paid in full.

He does indeed. 21 days from the date of installation according to the person at NAPIT.

Latest posts