Dyson Vac Tripping Rcd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are Gas Safe registered you are not a plumber. ;)
I do both;)

I don't call myself an engineer though.

I remember a gas safe trainer at college saying

"Engineers work to the nearest millimetre, Architects work to the nearest centimetre and Plumbers work to the nearest room."

I do both;)

I don't call myself an engineer though.

I remember a gas safe trainer at college saying

"Engineers work to the nearest millimetre, Architects work to the nearest centimetre and Plumbers work to the nearest room."
I once started to wire the WRONG house on a new estate....wrong builder!

Whoops

Got A lot of sockets in their lounge though!

I had a colleague rip the kitchen out of the wrong school, on the same road though!

Inside the Dyson is a cable which only live and neutral coming out of it.

So the earth pin cannot be connected to any parts inside.

I would still leakage test the item to be sure there is not a fault inside the cable or the plug.

I had a problem simular to this a while back and it turned out to be a intermttant low ir caused by a bit of sand in a jb under the floor.

I wired the suspect device directly to the CU with no other circuit energised. It worked fine and gave me confidence to eliminate it and start lifting boards to have a look.image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was clear not on the same page as everyone else. Must remember to hit F5 before replying, which new fasion for putting ya brain in gear before you speak