Dyson Vac Tripping Rcd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are Gas Safe registered you are not a plumber. ;)
I do both;)

I don't call myself an engineer though.

I remember a gas safe trainer at college saying

"Engineers work to the nearest millimetre, Architects work to the nearest centimetre and Plumbers work to the nearest room."

I do both;)

I don't call myself an engineer though.

I remember a gas safe trainer at college saying

"Engineers work to the nearest millimetre, Architects work to the nearest centimetre and Plumbers work to the nearest room."
I once started to wire the WRONG house on a new estate....wrong builder!

Whoops

Got A lot of sockets in their lounge though!

I had a colleague rip the kitchen out of the wrong school, on the same road though!

Inside the Dyson is a cable which only live and neutral coming out of it.

So the earth pin cannot be connected to any parts inside.

I would still leakage test the item to be sure there is not a fault inside the cable or the plug.

I had a problem simular to this a while back and it turned out to be a intermttant low ir caused by a bit of sand in a jb under the floor.

I wired the suspect device directly to the CU with no other circuit energised. It worked fine and gave me confidence to eliminate it and start lifting boards to have a look.image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was clear not on the same page as everyone else. Must remember to hit F5 before replying, which new fasion for putting ya brain in gear before you speak

Latest posts