ECA Membership.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartrw79

Reaction score
Hi All,

Anybody an existing ECA member?

I have been looking into becoming a member mainly due to access to become JIB registered, as I have had to turn some work away recently through not been registered. Looking at their website looks like quite a few good reasons to join, just wondering if anyone is a member and what your thoughts are in relation to costs and benefits?

Many thanks Stu

I think there is a rebate for ELECSA ites as they now own ELECSA , not sure . Last time I looked into it , it was about the same cost as ELECSA . I thought it was getting a bit too much to be honest, I was paying ELECSA costs, recalibs, CSCS , JIB renewal card and the 2 yr safety scam ( conducted by ECA BTW) .

Not sure how ECA membership helps with JIB, just go straight to them and register. (I think)

From what I can gather as a ECA member you gain JIB free of charge, so with all the other benfits they list on there site think its probably worth it. Going to arrange a meeting to find out more, Ill keep you posted.

Yeah looked in detail at all membership criteria and so far as I can see I should meet them all :)

JIB membership is cheap though? Dont think it is more than 40 quid, or are you talking about becoming a JIB registered company? I sent away for my personnal membership after completing my AM2 as this is run by them.

I dont think ECA have anything to do with becoming a JIB member.

Or as Gordy says are you talking about becoming a JIB registered company?

I was JIB registered as a "installation electrician" on completion of my apprenticeship. Once I completed my 2391, I notified JIB and was now classed as "approved electrician" for some reason or other. I have never been in touch with the ECA.

GS

I have had an extremely helpful meeting with a genltmen from the ECA today.

As allot of you have pointed out you don

I used to work for a company that were both ECA & NICEIC, as I recal the JIB was 50/50 run by the ECA & the Amicus union so the firm were also JIB for wages, holiday pay etc. The ECA membership also included private heath care for employees - which was great when I needed a knee op (3 weeks wait, not 9 months wait on NHS).

On the technical side I always found the ECA technical helpline much, much more helpful than the NICEIC. Also the ECA often put on training days & seminars which were usually very good (& included a half decent lunch!).

Latest posts