EICR Condition Report Electrical Installation Condition Report

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was only a joke that set itself up to be told. No need to go all serious sides. Remember the secret of easy origami is 2 fold.

The point to this is what Riggy has said above, nobody will be put in danger by filling in a different sheet. I just know that come monday i will have to deal with this prob and im searching for ammunition, but nothing with any real meat has appeared yet.

I havent got an 'EICR' to hand, but IIRC there are some different fields to be filled in,

a bit like 17th included a phase rotation test that wasnt on the 16th cert. :|

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:13 ----------

Nicky, couldnt you just download an AMD1 cert and get someone in the office to photocopy it?

It was only a joke that set itself up to be told. No need to go all serious sides. Remember the secret of easy origami is 2 fold.The point to this is what Riggy has said above, nobody will be put in danger by filling in a different sheet. I just know that come monday i will have to deal with this prob and im searching for ammunition, but nothing with any real meat has appeared yet.
Well Nicky is your company with NICEIC?

if yes... you could use their own web site as ammunition if you were using NICEIC purchased certifictes...

i.e..

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the BS7671 AMD 1

It was only a joke that set itself up to be told. No need to go all serious sides. Remember the secret of easy origami is 2 fold.The point to this is what Riggy has said above, nobody will be put in danger by filling in a different sheet. I just know that come monday i will have to deal with this prob and im searching for ammunition, but nothing with any real meat has appeared yet.
OK Nicky, I hoped that my reply would not be too serious, and you seem to have taken it that way, but please realise that the red book is finished on the 31/12/11.

I have issues at home at the moment & I am "off" for the Xmas break until the New Year, thus my BRB & BGB are stashed safe.

Sorry, long and personal story.

There may not be any "danger" er se, but there will be non compliance with the documentation which the HSE in my experience would carry into a Court Room IF there were any issues with the reports that you provided.

It could then be upon "you" to prove that you "HAD" to do the out of date reports even though you knew this was wrong.

Believe it or not, I am trying to HELP you this time! ;)

How much longer do you think the new EICR forms will take to fill in? My view is that it will add about 20mins!

IMO the new form is very good, it leaves little room for doubt on what yuo are expected to check/test. In time I am sure there will be amendments/improvements, however it is a huge leap in the right direction and is seems to be logically laid out. Once we are used to using them I think it will only add a few minutes if at all.

Give them a go and if you have any issues be prepared to stand up and be counted by informing your scam provider, otherwise don't bleat about them if you are not prepared to contribute.

HappyNew Year Everyone :Y :Y:Y

IMO the new form is very good, it leaves little room for doubt on what yuo are expected to check/test. In time I am sure there will be amendments/improvements, however it is a huge leap in the right direction and is seems to be logically laid out. Once we are used to using them I think it will only add a few minutes if at all.Give them a go and if you have any issues be prepared to stand up and be counted by informing your scam provider, otherwise don't bleat about them if you are not prepared to contribute.

I agree it is a better form and logical. I like the fact it is more comprehensive. And I wasn't bleating it was a reasonable, 'costing' type question, your last sentence was quite unneccesary!

Nick I,m in the same boat as you, I will be filling in the old PIR forms. At the end of the day the employers name is on the top of the form and he has signed it as the qs so he should of checked the results and comments ,if you are not happy get him to sign as tester an QS then there is no come backs on you.

Just read this thread and it seems I will be deemed incompetent and not working to 7671 if I use up the last 50 old ELECSA PIRs , so thats another

Last edited by a moderator:
I created my own EICR in Word when the amd first came out to match my existing created certs, completely customisable, close to the originals just looks a bit fancier.

If anyone would like it, PM me.

I carry around my little netbook and portable printer with me, so every job has a professional looking printed certificate.

Hand-written certs bug me

Is this the Droid you are looking for, from post 23?Forms for electrical contractors - IET Electrical

just had a look and you can fill them in on your PC so should be able to save and print them...but I am prepared to be corrected............... :coat
Those are only PDF forms. I can't seem to be able to alter them

The EIT says "An electronic fillable version of the BS 7671:2008 (2011) Amendment 1 forms will be available by the end of 2011."

Well the end of 2011 has passed, but I still can't find the electronically fillable version to download.

Those are only PDF forms. I can't seem to be able to alter themThe EIT says "An electronic fillable version of the BS 7671:2008 (2011) Amendment 1 forms will be available by the end of 2011."

Well the end of 2011 has passed, but I still can't find the electronically fillable version to download.
they are there. click the link, RHS top option and the writable PDF is there. been there for a few weeks that i know of

Hi nicky, i found myself in your situation this morning. No new EICR forms and sent to do a PIR.

Was told there is none available from NICEIC.

This is the email from our area assessor

Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

I am happy for you (f you use NICEIC certificates) to use up any certificate pads that you have as we have been very slow in getting them out to you. This is because the IET were still checking them out until recently.

The new Electrical Installation Condition Reports are now available but you can use up any outstanding pads but ensure that you put something on the certificate to say it is carried out to the new amendment. Some customers may be aware of the change and may request a 1st Amendment certificate.

So does this mean the NICEIC are incompetent Andy? like you said I would be.

Anyway............Yes the inevitable happened. Told to do a PIR this morning. I explained that the PIRs are now out of date, and that we need to use the new forms from Jan 1st. My Manager (very big company)then got on the phone to the QS about this. The QS then asked me what the new forms are called,and " what does EICR stand for". UNBELIEVABLE:C