Electric fan oven flex extension

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gmb101

Reaction score
I’ve had to replace a built in electric fan oven. The new oven comes with a one meter flex ending in a moulded plug with a 13A fuse. The flex is too short to reach the dedicated cooker socket (by about 50cm). What is the best way to extend the flex? I’m guessing an extension lead is out of the question?!

Many thanks

we have been asked this before, and some times you can get a longer lead from the oven manufacture, what is the make and model number? and where is the cooker socket? a photo would be good

Thanks very much for the reply.

The oven is an Indesit IFW 6340 BL UK.

I’ve attached a couple of photos to show where it sits in the cabinet in relation to the socket. As a matter of interest the old oven which I removed (and which has been installed by a kitchen fitter/electrician) appeared to have had the flex cut and an extra piece added which was covered in insulation tape…

Thanks again

Attachments

• 415E26FE-1B40-4BC6-9F8A-01B250454089.jpeg
    415E26FE-1B40-4BC6-9F8A-01B250454089.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 448AE211-74B2-432E-A11D-E2B51BF895E5.jpeg
    448AE211-74B2-432E-A11D-E2B51BF895E5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Thanks very much for the reply.

The oven is an Indesit IFW 6340 BL UK.

I’ve attached a couple of photos to show where it sits in the cabinet in relation to the socket. As a matter of interest the old oven which I removed (and which has been installed by a kitchen fitter/electrician) appeared to have had the flex cut and an extra piece added which was covered in insulation tape…

Thanks again
Bodgers have always been around.

Get yourself a new bit of flex of the correct length and a decent quality 13 amp plug and fit those.

Latest posts