electrical forum facebook

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but i don't see the point as we already have a forum. I have experience of this having set up a club page on Facebook. All I got was people with no interest in the club joining & then getting most of their inane posts on the site. I have no interest in how drunk or how lucky someone got & certainly don't want to know about arguments with their girl or boyfriends. Facebook is for kids. Let's leave them to it.

i sometimes see your point, admin gave the A-ok to it

bob

Bob, just constructive criticism from expereince. Nothing personal & have no wish to start a major argument.

i totally agree with that Exbdc, i dont like arguments (the worst are when someone turns a mole hill into a mountian) , i have had too many in the past

bob

Sorry but i don't see the point as we already have a forum. I have experience of this having set up a club page on Facebook. All I got was people with no interest in the club joining & then getting most of their inane posts on the site. I have no interest in how drunk or how lucky someone got & certainly don't want to know about arguments with their girl or boyfriends. Facebook is for kids. Let's leave them to it.
I can see your point, but surely this only happens if you are friends with them, not if you are in the same group as them?

I can see your point, but surely this only happens if you are friends with them, not if you are in the same group as them?
It is an open group & anybody can join. Once they do that you will get every inane post they put on FB on the site. The only way to avoid it is for it to be a closed group where an administrator has to approve them joining. As I said earlier, I can't see the point as we already have a forum. What will we gain from it?

It is an open group & anybody can join. Once they do that you will get every inane post they put on FB on the site. The only way to avoid it is for it to be a closed group where an administrator has to approve them joining. As I said earlier, I can't see the point as we already have a forum. What will we gain from it?
we could have a live chat instead of emails which can be slower :^O :coat:coat

I do agree with what Ex-BDC is saying... But I did give Bob the go-ahead as any pulicity is good. :)

I do agree with what Ex-BDC is saying... But I did give Bob the go-ahead as any pulicity is good. :)
But only if they migrate to the forum?

I'm not knocking it. From experience I'm just making you aware of the downsides & pitfalls.

i could change it to a closed group for "members only"

bob

well will leave it open and if i start getting touble, il run it past admin first before i make it a closed group :D

bob

You don't need to run it past me Bob, Mate. If you see any trouble - You can either close it or make it unjoinable or whatever they do on FB? :)

cheers mate, i can make it invisable,so you can only be invited in :D , or a closed group (you cannot post on the wall or anything like that)

bob