Finally decided on NIC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, included in each notification though.
but what SL is saying is they don't need to test/insp as your issuing you the cert because your competent just not scheme registered.

or thats how i've read it

i am going nic and i am going to ask this,major job is power to outbuilding,

going to see if they will let me,

1 wire it all up except in cu

2 get assesor round

3 do dead test

4 wire in cu and do live test

its at my brothers so he wont mind not energising the circuit for a few weeks

if they do u could do something simlair in your house or mates house
no you complete the whole of the work first and should already be in service and tested.

but the assessor will want to see you test it again

but what SL is saying is they don't need to test/insp as your issuing you the cert because your competent just not scheme registered.or thats how i've read it
depends on LABC. they may charge less if you give them test certs. or if its for assessment, they may even do it FOC. or they may still charge normal rate

depends on LABC. they may charge less if you give them test certs. or if its for assessment, they may even do it FOC. or they may still charge normal rate
i see. cheers andy

This is what I have also heard Andy. Might try speaking to them and getting them to drop any fees. Got a couple of contacts at the council so will see if I can pull any strings.

the fee paid to LABC includes them sending someone to I&T
but from what SL says is labc or some will accept a sparks certs so no need to be insp/tested by labc so the charge should be minimal if thats the case

but from what SL says is labc or some will accept a sparks certs so no need to be insp/tested by labc so the charge should be minimal if thats the case
depends entirely on who you speak to, and by the sounds of it, if he has had a good day or stressful day!

depends entirely on who you speak to, and by the sounds of it, if he has had a good day or stressful day!
sounds right headbang

why all council's don't have a set schedule of costs is beyond me.

but what SL is saying is they don't need to test/insp as your issuing you the cert because your competent just not scheme registered.or thats how I've read it
The info you need is all in :-

"Building Regulations 2000

Electrical safety in dwellings

Approved document-P

Design and installation of electrical installations."

page 11, part way down left hand column..

Certification Of notifiable Work

where three options are given:-

a) Where the installer is registered with a Part P competent person self-certification scheme.

B) Where the installer is not registered with a Part P competent person self-certification scheme but qualified to complete BS7671 installation certificates.

c) Where installers are not qualified to complete BS7671 completion certificates.

Under 'b', bullet point 1.22 states that the installer should issue an EIC, give copy to building control body, & they will take this certificate into account when deciding what (if any) further action is required.

then Bullet point 1.23 states that the Building control will then issue appropriate compliance / completion certificates, depending upon weather they need to do any further tests.

If you look on your local councils websites they normally have details of all these Building regs charges inc Part P related works. :D

sounds right headbang why all council's don't have a set schedule of costs is beyond me.
erm...

I think you will find each council does have a schedule of charges...

They would be taken to court left right and centre if they just made up charges on the whim of whoever you speak to.

eg look a some of the various LABC's listed on this thread...

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=671

There are differences between councils in a similar way that there are differences of council tax charges between different boroughs...

But there ARE schedules for Part P work costs..

e.g. from our local council website there info says:-

Schedule 4 Part P: Electrical Safety

The scale of charges relates to works carried out under the provisions of Part P to The Building Regulations 2000 (as amended) being the design, installation, inspection and testing of relevant works related to electrical safety in domestic properties.

1. Relevant electrical works carried out by a competent electrician registered with an appropriate self certification scheme and with notification of those works registered with the authority through the provisions of that scheme.

No Fee

2. Relevant electrical works carried out in connection with the building of a new dwelling or the alteration or extension of an existing dwelling where those works are the subject of an application for Building Regulation approval. Works carried out by a competent electrician registered with an appropriate self certification scheme and with notification of those works registered with the authority through the provisions of that scheme.

Registration noted on Building Regulation File

No Fee

3. Relevant electrical works carried out by a competent electrician not registered with an appropriate self certification scheme but able to sign appropriate certification to demonstrate the compliance of the installation. Application to be made using a Building Notice with a full description of the works to be given. Appropriate certification to be provided by the electrician. The Authority will register the application but not issue a completion certificate but a letter confirming the registration and receipt of appropriate test certification.

Fee

thx sl.

yes they have schedules but are different charges between different councils is what i mean

thx sl.yes they have schedules but are different charges between different councils is what i mean
Think thats all down to how good/bad each LABC is at managing their Budget! :(

And the number of building works requiring any inspection / approval visits etc at any one time

& if they have to sub-contract any of the work out..

or if they can control it all in-house!?

Would be nice to have Standard council tax charges nationally as well I guess?