Going From Pc To Macbook

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilers

Reaction score
Hi all, this post is aimed at all you guys out there that are not Macbook retarded like myself. I want to change the whole of my business from the likes of Microsoft office e.g. excel and word over to the Mac equivilant as well as running easycert of my Macbook Air.

I have made up templates for my personalised paperwork like Invoices, Estimates & PAT sheets etc and on my Mac I have the apple version of word and excel. So can I just download these templates from my drop box to the Mac desktop and use them as normal?

Also I would like to be able to use Easycert on my Mac I have spoken to Brian at Tysoft and he told me that the software is not Mac compatible and they currently have no plans to mac it compatible. 

If any of you guys have any solutions to these problems I would be very grateful to hear your response. Also if you know of any good books or E-books that might help me make transition to a Mac easier then Im all ears.

Thanks All :Salute

Well done, the best move you could have Made. Those that can't afford a mac will be along to slate it, don't listen to there rubbish.

I use a MacBook Pro retina display for my work stuff.

For easycert I use parallels to run windows program's . It works perfectly. If using the air make sure you have enough memory.

Unfortunately the cost of parallels and windows is the same as a lame windows laptop, but it runs a million times faster and will last 5-10 times longer.

For word processing I use Neo office. It can run Microsoft office stuff and costs a fraction of the price. I think you can use it for free but costs $10 a year for latest updates and support. For that $10 I get it updated on 3 macs and I think you can have it up to date on unlimited macs.

I think your templates will transfer. I'm sure google can help you.

The help in the top right is good. There is plenty help on google and you tube.

Once you go Mac you never go back

Last edited by a moderator:
If you run parallels you can run many Operationg systems all at once.

I once tested it out and had 5 running all at the same time on the lap top and its was still faster then the average PC

Mac OSX is best

What Linux distro will you be putting on the Mac then?
:slap

If you run parallels you can run many Operationg systems all at once.

I once tested it out and had 5 running all at the same time on the lap top and its was still faster then the average PC

Mac OSX is really Linux , just more expensive
mac OSX is based on the same kernel as Linux, Mr Jobs stole the code,  ;)