harmonised colours

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you never heard of LEN connection
Funnily enough, I haven`t.

I haven`t voted, due to an inability to percieve the question.

BUT.....black is de-neutralised (is that even a word? During the cold war, to "neutralise" someone was to kill them. Ergo, de-neutralisation would be zombie creation, which is anathema to the genetic convention treatise of 2009! ;) ), so, to get back to the topic, the black MUST be sleeved G/Y, and the grey as Neutral.

Deja-vu. I brought this up ages ago, as someone at "Kidde" (I think) was in PE mag. , describing domestic smokie installs, and specified the grey as interconnect; meaning that you could only choose between the (de-neutralised) black, or the (most definitely NOT de-live`d) brown for your N connection.

What you going to do? Use 1 standard for fan installs, and a different one for smokies? I think not!!!

The answer? I personally use grey; but black is acceptable if:

a) old colours in use.

B) it has blue sleeving.

KME

The NICEIC have encouraged us NOT to sleeve the Black with Blue and use as a Nuetral in order for us to get away from linking Black with Nuetral as per the old colours.

See BRB Pg 92 Table 51 re Identification of conductors and the L1,L2,L3 issue.

The NICEIC have encouraged us NOT to sleeve the Black with Blue and use as a Nuetral in order for us to get away from linking Black with Nuetral as per the old colours.See BRB Pg 92 Table 51 re Identification of conductors and the L1,L2,L3 issue.
I think it's a bit of a nonsense really. So long as the conductors are correctly identified then it is correct, and it cannot possibly be described as poor or poorer practise. Before their leaflet about "deneutralisation" came out I thought that black (oversleeved) was more logical for neutral for the simple reason that it had been neutral up until then.

As I say, does it really matter so long as all conductors are correctly identified? Clearly the IEE believe it is a complete non-issue as it DOES NOT APPEAR in the IEE Wiring Regulations.

The NICEIC have encouraged us NOT to sleeve the Black with Blue and use as a Nuetral in order for us to get away from linking Black with Nuetral as per the old colours.See BRB Pg 92 Table 51 re Identification of conductors and the L1,L2,L3 issue.
thats only cos I told them otherwise I was coming round to give them a lecture on the benefits of spider earthing systems. :D

just you wait for the 19th.........

thats only cos I told them otherwise I was coming round to give them a lecture on the benefits of spider earthing systems. :D just you wait for the 19th.........
We have to earth spiders now?

I knew this World Wide Web would cause nowt but grief!

Latest posts