Hi, my name is Alex and...........

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barker

Reaction score
.....................I have been a memeber for about a week now.

So I thought it was high time I said hello to everyone.

I am based in the Basingstoke area and so if anyone in this part of the world needs help or back up on a job give me a shout. I have just recently become qualified to 17th edition and Part P and have my NICEIC assesment on the 17th of March so fingers crossed.

I know a lot of you guys will have come up throught the apprentice route and possibly see the route I have taken as a bit of a dark art, but let me assure you I have not come into this lightly. Short of giving you my whole life story and boring you, I have thought long and hard about this.

Besides I am 36 so no youngster looking for an easy ride I have enough life experience to know the hard work is just about to begin and I look forward to it with relish.

So as I said Hello and if you need any assistance give us a shout as I would be grateful for the experience.

Cheers.

I quit my job selling BMW's and enrolled on an intensive course.

I sold the cars for 3 years put proir to that I had worked for 15 years as a project mananger for a lighting company in retail and was involved with wiring displays and putting in extra supplies which we would then get an electrician to check and connect, so I have had a basic grounding anyway. The course got me bang up to date and covered the regs and theory that I wasn't so sure of.

It was intensive and the regs week was mind blowing but got through the exam and we did a lot of practicle stuff which was very helpful. Putting the theory into practice made it sink in much better.

Hello & welcome Alex.

I'm Just up the road from you, Newbury side of Basingstoke now.... but Basingstoke is my home town.

Hello and Welcome to the forum, barker.

Good to have you onboard. :)

Barker

Hi there, I have just registered as well although I qualified in the dark ages (1973). I found out about this forum via a mate of mine and from what I have seen it looks well worth getting involved. Good luck with your NICEIC assessment, the Inspectors are not as frightening as you are led to expect, in fact they are there to help you get along in the trade, being a member of the NICEIC will give you a degree of creditabilty all you have to do is ensure that your standard of work meets all the requirements including technical knowledge as well as practical. I wish you well in the trade and remember one thing, never be too embarressed to seek advice.

BarkerHi there, I have just registered as well although I qualified in the dark ages (1973). I found out about this forum via a mate of mine and from what I have seen it looks well worth getting involved. Good luck with your NICEIC assessment, the Inspectors are not as frightening as you are led to expect, in fact they are there to help you get along in the trade, being a member of the NICEIC will give you a degree of creditabilty all you have to do is ensure that your standard of work meets all the requirements including technical knowledge as well as practical. I wish you well in the trade and remember one thing, never be too embarressed to seek advice.
SJH - welcome :) Start your own thread and say hi :D

BarkerHi there, I have just registered as well although I qualified in the dark ages (1973). I found out about this forum via a mate of mine and from what I have seen it looks well worth getting involved. Good luck with your NICEIC assessment, the Inspectors are not as frightening as you are led to expect, in fact they are there to help you get along in the trade, being a member of the NICEIC will give you a degree of creditabilty all you have to do is ensure that your standard of work meets all the requirements including technical knowledge as well as practical. I wish you well in the trade and remember one thing, never be too embarressed to seek advice.
Welcome SJH..

Indeed NIC inspectors are very nice helpful & friendly from my own personal experiance! ;)

.....................I have been a memeber for about a week now.So I thought it was high time I said hello to everyone.

I am based in the Basingstoke area and so if anyone in this part of the world needs help or back up on a job give me a shout. I have just recently become qualified to 17th edition and Part P and have my NICEIC assesment on the 17th of March so fingers crossed.

I know a lot of you guys will have come up throught the apprentice route and possibly see the route I have taken as a bit of a dark art, but let me assure you I have not come into this lightly. Short of giving you my whole life story and boring you, I have thought long and hard about this.

Besides I am 36 so no youngster looking for an easy ride I have enough life experience to know the hard work is just about to begin and I look forward to it with relish.

So as I said Hello and if you need any assistance give us a shout as I would be grateful for the experience.

Cheers.
Hello Barker of the "Dark Arts"

I reckon you need a good torch or lead light if you is finding it dark??

welcome to the forum...

the ONLY dark thing around here is Apaches tool shed!

he has a backward running grinder & a chainsaw!!! :| :eek: :O