killing cats

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are going to have a pet make sure you have the space and time to look after it.dont just get a cat and let it carp in your neighbours garden when it feels like it.

like I said,
I was going to thank you for the post, but it would look like I endorse you sending dogs to Andy's to crap in his garden - which I don't.

Cat faeces do contain lots of nasties, but I am not condoning the actual killing of them.

I really suggest the super-soaker. Even having a friends dog pee in your garden, the smell will help put the cats off.

I was going to thank you for the post, but it would look like I endorse you sending dogs to Andy's to crap in his garden - which I don't.Cat faeces do contain lots of nasties, but I am not condoning the actual killing of them.

I really suggest the super-soaker. Even having a friends dog pee in your garden, the smell will help put the cats off.
my missus's best friend has a lab and is round a few times a week so maybe I will try get her to bring it round more often,

its worth a try I suppose,

while I wait for some of these other things Ive ordered due to tom1 's link .

its all worth a try I suppose,

but I really am getting so fed up with all this.

I suppose the next move would be 230v cattle fence turned off when the back door is open...............

I am not a great lover of cats but really would never want to see one hurt. We no longer have a dog but that is another story and agree with steps about not having one when you are working. My daughter encourages a young cat in our garden which I don't like as it eats the hedgehogs food. Totally agree with patch get a soaker a few shots with that will put it off coming in your garden. Problem with cats they never go in there own garden which is why people that don't like them really don't like them. Most of our garden is grass so we don't seem to have to much problem with them.
default_good%20luck.gif
steps hope you can get it sorted.

Most of our garden is grass so we don't seem to have to much problem with them. :good luck: steps hope you can get it sorted.
The worst bit is when they crap in kiddies sandpits. X(

The worst bit is when they crap in kiddies sandpits. X(
so you can understand the issue I have with a two year old and being unable for him to have his toys out.........

and the fact you will NOT get him to keep sand or anything else in one place, its everywhere.

my mother-in-law puts orange peel in her plant pots because she was always finding cat poo in them, afaik theyve stayed away.

so you can understand the issue I have with a two year old and being unable for him to have his toys out.........and the fact you will NOT get him to keep sand or anything else in one place, its everywhere.
How high are your walls out the back Steps?

Maybe worth putting some sort of trellis up to make it higher??

6' ish fence AD2 ,

just put a new one up,

but at the front its only about 4' ,

they just walk along the top, was thinking of something sharp along it, but they would only walk along next door until they get to mine then jump off.

6' ish fence AD2 , just put a new one up,

but at the front its only about 4' ,

they just walk along the top, was thinking of something sharp along it, but they would only walk along next door until they get to mine then jump off.
Nail some gripper rods to it ;)

ok,

then I think we are at an agreement,

if I see one shoot it, but dont sit waiting.

otherwise set some antifreeze and reflective **** to scare it off,

and try some ultrasonics,

and if all that fails, just get a polecat to chew the *******..............

ok,then I think we are at an agreement,

if I see one shoot it, but dont sit waiting.

otherwise set some antifreeze and reflective **** to scare it off,

and try some ultrasonics,

and if all that fails, just get a polecat to chew the *******..............
I'm on your side with this one Steps.

The front of our house sometimes smells awful thanks to the local cats. And none of my immediate neighbours have them, they're all from further away.

I find it's what a catapult is for! Ball bearings from Land Rovers make for good shot.

Not only do they p00 everywhere and make it stink, but there's two that menace our rabbit. I've had to chase them off a few times now - I don't know how Jasper would fair in a scrap though (he's a Netherland Dwarf)

If it was up to me I'd put out bowls of food laced with rat poison. Trouble is, it's not very humane, infact quite the opposite I believe and although I believe there's a strong case for a cull, I can't abide cruelty.

A couple of times now I've nearly had one with my Rover (quick as they are they can't out accelerate a 200hp car in first gear, but the speed humps get in the way!)

One of my customers swears by these ultrasonic scarers, but I don't know how it would affect Jasper (his hearing is phenomenal - he reacts to sounds from inside the house through closed double glasing)

Oh, and they don't bury it!

My Mother has tried everything to keep them out of garden. (she'd never dream of hurting ANYTHING).

From those "big black metal cats with shiny eyes",

Plastic bottles of water laying in the garden at various points,

Citrus peel (Orange or Lemon) - as Admin 2 have stated,

Even those ultra sonic? high pitch bleep things - where you put one at the top of the garden and the other piece at the botton of the garden, they are joined via an infared bean, when broken, gives of the high pitch beep.

Below is a link to non-harmful ways to discouraging cats.

http://www.deteracat.co.uk/

HTH, Steps.

I'm on your side with this one Steps.The front of our house sometimes smells awful thanks to the local cats. And none of my immediate neighbours have them, they're all from further away.

I find it's what a catapult is for! Ball bearings from Land Rovers make for good shot.

Not only do they p00 everywhere and make it stink, but there's two that menace our rabbit. I've had to chase them off a few times now - I don't know how Jasper would fair in a scrap though (he's a Netherland Dwarf)

If it was up to me I'd put out bowls of food laced with rat poison. Trouble is, it's not very humane, infact quite the opposite I believe and although I believe there's a strong case for a cull, I can't abide cruelty.

A couple of times now I've nearly had one with my Rover (quick as they are they can't out accelerate a 200hp car in first gear, but the speed humps get in the way!)

One of my customers swears by these ultrasonic scarers, but I don't know how it would affect Jasper (his hearing is phenomenal - he reacts to sounds from inside the house through closed double glasing)

Oh, and they don't bury it!
i think the cat would come out on top mate, my girlfriends neverland dwarf was attacked and died shortly after, cant be sure it was a cat but pritty sure it was. they only weigh around 1.5 kg

My garden suffers as a toilet for cats.

I couldn't harm them, although the thought, at the time of clearing up feels good.

Can't offer a solution, except a shotgun (more likely to kill at first shot) but cat owners are generally selfish to allow their animals to roam so freely.

Whilst on the subject of pesky cats they also kill the birds in my garden.

No I do not have a dog.

Happy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts