Makita drills

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you wanting to use it for?You do realise it isn't a hammer drill?
Well spotted did'nt realise it had no hammer just took as they all have hammer action on them nowdays

I've got this drill and a 451 and a 202 SDS. All great drills. the 453 is a hammer, but it is the baby of the Makita range. It's small and light and is therefore great in small spaces or for drilling overhead. i also use it for driving screws. Anything heavier and I use the 451 or 202. I almost never use the hammer and on the 451 only when drilling into softer masonary. For drilling into brick or anything harder I use the 202.

Hi there. I work as a makita warranty agent fixing there tools i would stay away from the BHP models they have a problem with heavy use. The brush holders melt and dont allow the brushes to move freely to contact the armature, its an easy fix but can be a real pain when in the middle of a job. personaly I would go for the Metabo Sb 18 Ltx, this is the tool I fix the least.

Thanks first to Apache for directing you my way :Salute

We do sell Makita and the model you are looking for, unfortunately I can't do much in the way of discount because we have had to have a very keen price advertised as everyone and his brother sells Makita and we can't compete with screwfix.

Good luck with whatever you decide on, if you can spend a bit more i highly rate this Milwaukee kit, I will be adding to this range soon but for the time being it's all i have.

I got one of these, note the gear box is LXT not the MXT of the 'not on special offer version'. Good drill but 2 years of hard work is killing the gear box slowly. Will probaly replace with MXT version when it dies.

I use an 18v SDS for any hammer needing stuff, nice and light

Latest posts