Makita drills

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the origional thread we have bought a Makita 18v Li-Ion combi drill (hammer) which we can sell for

One thing I have noticed recently looking at Bosch stuff is that you have a kit with 2 batts, nd you can find 2 at very different prices!

One will have say 2.6Ah batts the other 3.0Ah batts!

The 2.6Ah kit is much cheaper, but, unless you are savvy you could miss it!

Had the Milwaukee rep in today, they have a new range of batteries which are highlighted in this months Professional Electrician Magazine.

It did look really good and they had some good deals.

What is the general view of 12v stuff, they have a good deal for a 12v combi + impact driver with tip set and bag.

It would be priced around

Mark, Im having a look at some of your stuff around about now, it will be for PV, ideally I need one battery type kit if possible, impact, combi, sds, and if budget allows, then a cordless/grinder of some sort,

I will PM you later in the week with more of an idea, and a budget once I see how little cash I have,

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:48 ----------

Mark, is that an impact driver, or an impact wrench? C12IW ??

Mark, Im having a look at some of your stuff around about now, it will be for PV, ideally I need one battery type kit if possible, impact, combi, sds, and if budget allows, then a cordless/grinder of some sort,I will PM you later in the week with more of an idea, and a budget once I see how little cash I have,

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:48 ----------

Mark, is that an impact driver, or an impact wrench? C12IW ??
Well now you have got me pondering, I will re-visit the leaflet and report back!

ok, thanks MM, doesnt necessarily need to be one battery, but ONE charger (IYKWIM) would be a BIG bonus. cant seem to find any milwakuee SDS though, anywhere....

OK,

I have 18V-Li

Impact driver, combi (incl hammer) drill, jigsaw, angle grinder, sabre saw, torch, radio/charger, also mains sds, just bought mains core drill m/c prob will get 18v sds+ very soon & if one job I have lined up comes off a 36V sdsmax hammer with roto stop.

I find them excellent.

Pricing is good depending on where you look!

3yr wty is good also.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:45 ----------

Oh,

I also have 10.8V-Li, drill, impact driver, screwdriver, torch & multicutter, excellent kit!

thanks Noz,

Im gonna really have a good look into this, at the price of gear I want to make sure I get it right as this will be what I buy from here on in,

Im totally fed up having loads of different batteries and chargers, and a couple are on the way out so I need to replace soon.

thanks Noz,Im gonna really have a good look into this, at the price of gear I want to make sure I get it right as this will be what I buy from here on in,

Im totally fed up having loads of different batteries and chargers, and a couple are on the way out so I need to replace soon.
Hi Steptoe,

Milwaukee do a 18v SDS unit ,

I am just about to order 10 units, off the top of my head i can't remember the price but i seem to remember it was definately in the right area.

This is the band saw i mentioned earlier, again i am ordering 10 units.

thanks Mark, I did eventually find a Milwaukee sds, but seems like an older model compared to your link,

thats the sort of kit Im looking for, I battery fits all.

going by the USA prices the saw will be out of my reach just now, :( , but would deffo consider it for the future.

can you let me know a price for the sds when you get it please,

also, the combi pack , is that available with an impact wrench and not a driver?

thanks again ,

thanks Mark, I did eventually find a Milwaukee sds, but seems like an older model compared to your link,thats the sort of kit Im looking for, I battery fits all.

going by the USA prices the saw will be out of my reach just now, :( , but would deffo consider it for the future.

can you let me know a price for the sds when you get it please,

also, the combi pack , is that available with an impact wrench and not a driver?

thanks again ,
No Problem Steptoe,

Unfortunately i can't swap the the driver for the wrench, all the batteries are interchangable and i can buy everything body only if needed.

The 18v SDS is going to have a forum price of

Well i was in CEF in Sheffield today and they had the Milwaukee combi pack on display,So i had a look at them and to honest the drill made the Makita feel like a kids toy drill.

Latest posts