Megger 1552 blown fuse indication.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulmer

Reaction score
Hi guys,

When testing continuity on my meter, the blown fuse warning shows on the display. I replaced the fuse with the spare one they give with the meter, but I'm still getting the blown fuse display. The replacement fuse is OK and isn't blown.

The strange thing is, I used the meter over the weekend without any problems so I'm now thinking it could be a fault with the meter itself.

Can any one on here shed any light on what it could be before I take it in for repair.

Thanks Guys

Tried that a few times but still gives me the fuse warning, although the fuse has been checked and is ok.

new batteries and getting a voltage of 12.4 when turned on.

There's the error Gents....

....Should have bought a Fluke. :D

Sorry - I couln't resist. :)

Its gone off to Megger now as they've told me its still under warranty.

Megger have a very good warranty repair service. My 1502 went faulty (about 20 months old) and I set it off (no leads, batteries or carry case - mine came with the "laptop bag"). Got it back well within the time they said it would be, new pcb, new switch, calibrated, new complete set of leads, new set of batteries and the high impact case that you now get as standard..

I was well chuffed!!

Megger have a very good warranty repair service. My 1502 went faulty (about 20 months old) and I set it off (no leads, batteries or carry case - mine came with the "laptop bag"). Got it back well within the time they said it would be, new pcb, new switch, calibrated, new complete set of leads, new set of batteries and the high impact case that you now get as standard..I was well chuffed!!
If it comes back calibrated then I can't complain. I was suprised when the guy on the phone said they had a 3 year warranty with them. Hopefully thel'll replace the cracked neck strap fixing bracket.Pray

If it comes back calibrated then I can't complain. I was suprised when the guy on the phone said they had a 3 year warranty with them. Hopefully thel'll replace the cracked neck strap fixing bracket.Pray
I tell you, I was well chuffed.. It came back looking as new, with bits replaced that I didn't know were faulty (they replaced one ofthe switches, must have been sticky ?:| ? :| ) they even masked the display with some 2" sellotape!!

So I guess that they will replace anything that is broken and as replacing bits affects the cal then they'll have to cal it aswell!!

Andyc I wouldn't recomend it (unless it's still under warranty and broken;) ;) )

(I know how I broke mine!!)