Need Help Fitting New Switch To My Lathe.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sidey, I have loads of these to make in various sizes,  :|

Ive just found a place that sells crank rebuild kits too, they have even modified con-rods to fit [the original size con-rods can no longer be got anywhere].

d'ya think the wife would mind if i put a lathe in the bedroom?  :C

sidey, I have loads of these to make in various sizes,  :|

Ive just found a place that sells crank rebuild kits too, they have even modified con-rods to fit [the original size con-rods can no longer be got anywhere].

d'ya think the wife would mind if i put a lathe in the bedroom?  :C
Funnily enough one of the guys at one of my customers had a bike crank on his bench, that a "mate" was trying to persuade him to rebuild the big end on & possibly replace the conn-rod last week!

Hi Paul, Yes, i was told years ago Eurogrind were distributors for the stuff. It was funny back then, the dealers, [was Troy round here] were not allowed to go out of their areas. Now i think they can do what they like. Format is great stuff, but terrible marketing, next to impossible to buy. Bideford tools have put the whole lot on their system, you just enter the part number from the Format catalogue and pay by paypal!!

As you say, Buck and Hickman were great, well, when they were by Culverhouse cross they were, but last time i tried to use them they had nothing in stock and you had to order it all in, suppose that is just the way now....

Had some stuff from Cromwell, cannot remember what now, but it was great stuff and they were quite reasonable too.

Never used J&L, but they seem to have nice stuff in their catalogue..

john...