Need some advice on new server room

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
should be on schedule of tests. looks more like a large table with lots of info.

the submain will be on its own SOT, or it may be the first line of the SOT for the circuits connected to the new DB

or just scan the entire thing and post it here, with personal info removed

There's a max size on uploading pictures here... makes it a hassle...

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i65.tinypic.com/102t6a9.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

this page here... isn't it about my main consumer unit and not the sub panel?

maybe not so dead...

102t6a9.jpg.c3add1f9c6a304bae847598b7b340a4a.jpg

there should be more pages than this

you said you have a 200a supply, are you sure its 200 since he says its 80...

apart from that, not really much wrong with that page...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the final page just shows the two plug socket circuits coming from the DB and nothing else. Other than SPARE SPARE SPARE

and then a list of tick boxes 

which one of these is it normally on?

this page I sent you is the only page with any mm2 details on. Apart from the final page where he has 2.5mm2 live for the 32a sub circuit 

Is there any other way for me to find the size of wire? 

Yeah on there he's only got a lighting circuit and a 32a circuit he's missed off a 2nd plug socket aswell. 

Ill upload in in a min 

Yeah I'd rather not touch anything live. If I felt I could do that I'd not need one of you guys :)  

http://tinypic.com/r/whmliw/9

if I understand that correctly he hasn't mentioned anything about the cable going to the DB 

and if I understand the points served he as put 4 instead of 40... but I don't have a clue what this means so I don't really want to start calling a qualified electrician and start telling him he's wrong...

i work In a similar field and I know how annoying it is when a customer tries to tell a computer tech how to do his job 

or actually it's not supposed to say 40 it's supposed to say 20 and have another circuit saying 20. As I have 2 circuit breakers feeding 40 sockets.

just tried to get a photo of the DB but can't atm it's in a tight space in the stables. Had it put there as it's only 2m away from my home. Then the sub circuits are only 3m from the sub panel 

Hopefully the guy that comes out on Saturday can clear things up and explain what's he's doing 

I simply don't believe that anyone would have designed the solution you outlined with the knowledge you were going to install a lot of IT equipment........
 I do, it basically meets the requirements for 11kW.  But nothing else and hasn't allowed for the nature of the load or reliability

points served is not a requirement on the forms anyway. some have them on, most dont.

either way, that EIC is worthless since it doesnt contain all the information required on it, like a missing circuit...

looking more and more like better to get someone who knows what they are doing and do it all again properly

Alright. Lesson learned I guess. 

In the mean time do you know of anyway I can check the wire size of a wire that's already in a circuit? 

A few miles out of Berwick. 

Ill see what this guy on Saturday says. Before I set him up for the job I'll post everything he says here to be sure. If he makes sense to you guys I'll get him to sort it