New cellphone query

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Marvo ,

I may have used the wrong phrase ,  there was a chain of coincidences .....Browser slowing down again , so did a refresh, seemed good ..then found I couldn't log in to the Forum ... and couldn't download photos....   this went on for a few days....  thinking it was my fault I tried taking it back to a previous time when everything worked ..............   it did no good  .

Don't think I rolled the date back ............I'm not that technical.

Apparently the Forum Firewall had taken a dislike to me , so that was solved.

I tried  Stepp's download again and now it works .

One of the reasons was I used Nokia Suite before  but newer Nokia phones are marketed by Microsoft  and don't work on there,  hence confusion .

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I don't fall for this lulling us into a false sense of security lark by you deke, 

i mean forum technical guru and you can't download a picture... Oh yeah! 

I never had a problem with the Nokia suite...dead simple ...  but now Nokia is Microsoft it is just frustrating .

Its worked twice ..........I have downloaded Stepp's programme   Microsoft mobile Device ....but again I fail to se what steps to take to download pictures .  Yes I see that they now use Microsoft Media  Centre but what does one ACTUALLY do  .  I presume everyone now has the Poke With your Finger phones  and has moved on .

It seems by pure luck it worked .

Sometimes even us IT Technical Gurus get lost Sharpie .... what with discussing measuring the slow down rate of the expanding universe with Prof. Stephen Hawking and all that , I think my brain is full up . 

I tried that but its for a Pointy Finger Phone ...didn't seem to apply to this thing .

I'd be better off going back to my old Nocky  Sellotape Special .....life was sooooooo  simple then . 

I've just spent another two hours trying to find how to download photos from phone .  I think because its a button phone its not supported although my old metal Sellotape Special downloaded quite simply.

I give up now ,  had dozens of Nokias , this is just carp  have to buy a Pointy Finger Phone .   But it won't be a Nocky.

I went from decades of Nokia use to a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini - and then to an Apple iphone 5 SE - the Apple is far better than the Samsung.

When you swap to a smart phone you have to charge them all the time!

I've just spent another two hours trying to find how to download photos from phone .  I think because its a button phone its not supported although my old metal Sellotape Special downloaded quite simply.

I give up now ,  had dozens of Nokias , this is just carp  have to buy a Pointy Finger Phone .   But it won't be a Nocky.
2 hours? have you tried a microSDcard reader? like http://www.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_261098.html?currency=GBP&gclid=COOM0KGZmc0CFYpAGwodNZoD1A 

No  surely I can just download photos from phone to PC ?      Why is it so loody obscure ?      I'm just trying Stepp's  programme again but there are no prompts or guides there ....it just doesn't recognise the phone .

Well I just did it !  Using Stepp's programme but I don't know how I did it .   So all the photos in my phone are in the PC somewhere .  OK  stop looking ...I found them .

In Windows Media Centre  and a folder in Pictures .    

Deiu what a performance .

Stepps is a genius ...I know this because he told me

My phone (a third hand Samsung "smart" phone) won;t transfer pictures via USB, in fact it will do ****** all via USB apart from charge the phone.

If I want to take pictures from the phone to the puter, I use blue tooth. A bit clumsy but it works with no special software.

no.

but I don't take it out with me as much as its a bit big, canon 5D. :)

The convenience of a phone camera is great and my photos are all backed up twice now but the pictures just aren't as good.

@Evans Electric I have a card reader for a desktop pc you could have FOC.

:)

just a thought but many laptops have an SD card slot.

Generally USB lead to phone, search computer/ computer and you should see a list of storage devices like C drive and your phone. click on phone then look under DCIM file for photos and copy paste / upload to dropbox etc etc Works for me.

posh twat... makes my D5300 look a bit basic...

but i still keep a small camera in my pocket most of the time, only time i use the phone is if i need to send a photo to someone straight away

no.

but I don't take it out with me as much as its a bit big, canon 5D. :)

The convenience of a phone camera is great and my photos are all backed up twice now but the pictures just aren't as good.

@Evans Electric I have a card reader for a desktop pc you could have FOC.

:)
You are most kind Mr Duck .   What would I do with a card reader though ?

The big problem with this photo software is they make the assumption that everyone is computer literate .   There are no prompts , it just opens up and sits there ..and I sit there looking back , thinking OK what do I do now , give me a clue ,   I start thrashing around click this ,click that & suddenly I get a box that says  What do you want to do ?      Import photos ?   YES   FFS just do it .   

Latest posts