Newly Qualified - Driving myself mad🤬 Help!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so seriously I’d you do not understand the principles of a circuit nor the purpose of testing then I’m afraid you are going to find this exceptionally tough. I would in your position definitely seek some legal assistance against the training provider under the Sale of goods act to at least try and get your money back. 

Do you have any of the promotional literature from the trading provider? 

I still have all the paperwork including where it says “ training people with little or no experience to become domestic installers via certified accreditation’s such as City & Guilds and EAL” This is there Code of Practise?!

I still have all the paperwork including where it says “ training people with little or no experience to become domestic installers via certified accreditation’s such as City & Guilds and EAL” This is there Code of Practise?!
I think this should be investigated  TBH  .       Whatever anyone tells you ,    you can't learn a trade at college .  You can learn  the basics  ,  you can learn the Regs ,  you could pass ALL the exams in the world  but I'd like to bet if the college lecturers  or a load of Oxford Dons with every degree in the universe turned up on a new building project ,  say a railway station , a new school ,  a medium sized factory  ....they would not have a Scooby Doo  in the practicalities .   

You have to be there , putting the time in , watching , learning , soaking it up ,  with other sparks  , other plumbers , other car mechanics ,  heating engineers , carpenters , bricklayers , drain layers .  

This Forum has many skilled , intelligent  tradesmen ,  but I'd bet if we all got together to lay some drains  on a new housing site ,say ,   we'd make right cock up of them .

And these four week courses are ripping off honest guys  who are willing to find work  , but have been misled .  

Its mis-selling on a grand scale. 

I think this should be investigated  TBH  .       Whatever anyone tells you ,    you can't learn a trade at college .  You can learn  the basics  ,  you can learn the Regs ,  you could pass ALL the exams in the world  but I'd like to bet if the college lecturers  or a load of Oxford Dons with every degree in the universe turned up on a new building project ,  say a railway station , a new school ,  a medium sized factory  ....they would not have a Scooby Doo  in the practicalities .   

You have to be there , putting the time in , watching , learning , soaking it up ,  with other sparks  , other plumbers , other car mechanics ,  heating engineers , carpenters , bricklayers , drain layers .  

This Forum has many skilled , intelligent  tradesmen ,  but I'd bet if we all got together to lay some drains  on a new housing site ,say ,   we'd make right cock up of them .

And these four week courses are ripping off honest guys  who are willing to find work  , but have been misled .  

Its mis-selling on a grand scale. 

Going to have disagree with when you say college lecturers wouldnt have a clue if they turned up on site. Yes I am sure there will be some where they wont have a clue but There are 4 college tutors in my college and all 4 are electrican gold card holders who are in their 40's and 50's who work on site during the day and teach the evening course 2365 during the week once a week.

I’ll tell you the ironic thing about all this, the guy who runs the company is a member of this site! 🤯🤯🤯

Going to have disagree with when you say college lecturers wouldnt have a clue if they turned up on site. Yes I am sure there will be some where they wont have a clue but There are 4 college tutors in my college and all 4 are electrican gold card holders who are in their 40's and 50's who work on site during the day and teach the evening course 2365 during the week once a week.
Then I stand corrected  Mastbruch .  I was generalising of course   but that is slightly unusual.

Actually now you've raised that point I'm thinking of my mate's late brother ....off the tools and teaching at Birmingham's Mathew Boulton College ..but was really disillusioned with the changes .   Said only a small percent of the students had any interest in electrics  , the rest were political prisoners as he said .  Placed there to fill  quotas ,  bums on seats  and not yet on the unemployment register.  

I’ll tell you the ironic thing about all this, the guy who runs the company is a member of this site! 🤯🤯🤯
Really !!  Now who can that be ?  

"This qualification is accredited at Level 2.  It is not an industry recognised qualification", this is from there own pdf

Just see that, I wonder why the C&G 2392 is recognised yet the equivalent EAL is not.  

Dear All,

I'm the same situation, I  read all your replies searching for a help for my next steps to be a qualified  gold card electrician

I am a foreign electrician who didn't work as an electrician in UK yet but I did 18th edition, C&G 2392, C&G 2391, passed them 

- what is the right way to achieve NVQ 3 and AM?  i read 2365 level 1&2 after it 2357 which is costly. 

Other opinions say as an improver and search for apprentice.

what do you guys recommend? 

Thank you in advance

Hamadaaaaa

I’m sorry to say, you have also been duped by false advertising. This is a serious breach of Law and needs to be addressed as such.

All you have paid for is to be shown what to look at in an installation and does it comply with today’s/last years regs.

That in my opinion makes you dangerous if you attempt anything other than this.

It reminds me of the current tv advert with the plane of holidaymakers and the pilot comes over the tannoy announcing he’s kicked the tyres and thinks he has enough fuel to get them there.

Odd that the government won’t accept people adopting this attitude to use of a vehicle but will quite happily adopt the same attitude towards electrics both having the potential to equally KILL?

This needs addressing with the law makers.

Locked to prevent being resurrected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.