NICEIC initial assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest which UK country do you live in?

I have the luxury of not having this issue, and building control accept an EIC typed according to the model form in the back of the big yellow book, even for new build houses.

If building control are treating these installs as a "new build" which they might as they usually have their own custom boiler house, then surely as it's not domestic, then regardless of where you are they should also accept an EIC according to the model forms?

I don't understand why you need to notify anything if you are not doing domestic.? Maybe one of your sparks wants to do some PJ's? 

people in suits like stickers so a lot of contractors go AC to keep the suits happy.

:C
I'm confused, are they wearing suits or PJs?

:innocent

Ah I apologise I was under the impression that the type of installs we do were notifiable, of course we are testing all of our installs we have just been bringing in a third party NIC registered contractor to sign the certificate off, apparently for no reason at all  :mellow:  I stand corrected, thanks for all the replies 

Ah I apologise I was under the impression that the type of installs we do were notifiable, of course we are testing all of our installs we have just been bringing in a third party NIC registered contractor to sign the certificate off, apparently for no reason at all  :mellow:  I stand corrected, thanks for all the replies 

With all due respect to you callumf I will just say thank you for being honest, but I am more confused and surprised as this thread progresses. As you said earlier that "we are a company with 3 fully trained and experienced sparks employed" and you also mention calling in a third party NIC contractor to sign certificates off. So I am trying to get my head round why none of these three electricians your company employs or any of the third party electricians haven't got the knowledge to understand the basic requirements of electrical testing and certification, to point out what you need to do and don't need to do to complete your work in a safe and legal manner. Why have none of these "competent" people picked up on the glaringly obvious anomalies that several of our members, (who are a reasonable average cross section of electricians working in commercial and domestic environments), have identified?  What are you going to do with your "NICEIC" assessment then if you actually don't need it?

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am trying to get my head round why none of these three electricians your company employs or any of the third party electricians haven't got the knowledge to understand the basic requirements of electrical testing and certification

Im sorry but I have to disagree with you here, we fully understand the requirements of testing and certification and every installation that we have undertaken has been fully tested. The misconception that I had was that the installation certificate had to been issued ( signed off )by an electrician that was registered to a certain electrical contracting body, as I have recently found out from the replies to this thread this is not the case. I personally think this is a common misconception of our industry at least it is with most electricians I have spoken to about the issue. I suppose the beauty of a forum such as this is that it can set the record straight on such issues, I thank you all for your comments and advise and I can assure you that the biomass won't be hitting any fan on Monday morning  baddayexplode

Latest posts