Phone call today...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Builder is on my side believe it or not... hes some one ive known for years!

He has used the socket on 110v tranny AFTER i left, which is n the same circuit as the freezer socket.

All MCBs were left on, apart from "cooker" which i also asked the customer why that was off in the first place, just to be sure.

The money in the jobs not worth me paying out for the freezer load, i might aswell cut my loss's of 4 hours work and about 50 quid in materials. plus fuel to and from.

Im going to see them in the morning any way, so we will see what they want to do. The builder is happy to confirm he used the same socket i did which is on the same circuit.

It really does amaze me that there are people out there that dont realise something aint working, or realise it and dont think to call you!

i left Saturday, i get told Tuesday... does any one else not touch freezer for over 2 days or is it just me that likes my ice-cream :D :D

TBH I think you are going to have problems with your money on this job no matter what, If you manage to get through this make sure that you type something up for them to sign every day that says that they are happy with that days work and that everything is on....

Now if you'd unplugged it to test the socket, and not plugged it back in that is negligent on your part! What is it they are claiming happened - exactly?
claiming i left a circuit off meaning the freezer was off. due to having to extend a ring main.

I get paid directly from builder, so pay wise, wont be that bad, never had any problems before, the ongoing work frm this builder is renovations without people in the house. this was just one of his "weekend" jobs that he picked up.

He actually has a team of plasterers working for Glendale aswell (ben-baileys)

Il have to update in the morning see what happens.

claiming i left a circuit off meaning the freezer was off. due to having to extend a ring main. ......
is this "OFF" referring to an RCD/RCBO being OFF by any chance???

Have plasterers been in???? :eek:

water damp ???? ?:| ? :| ?:|

just guessing here:|

:|

is this "OFF" referring to an RCD/RCBO being OFF by any chance???Have plasterers been in???? :eek:

water damp ???? ?:| ? :| ?:|

just guessing here:|

:|
i left the MCB in the off position, of which i didnt, i know 100% i didnt. So does the builder, who also has the plasterer, who also used the same socket for his mixer lol. and it worked :)

i keep getting texts from builder with updates lol

You always get customers like this from time to time...

I had one a couple of years ago...

They had a disabled son who had money in trust and administered by a board of trustees.

I was subbing the wiring an extension with "same as rest of house" accessories... at the time of quote they were plastic,, by the time I second fixed the rest of the house were changed to flat chrome!! and I get "aren't you putting chrome in???".. Unsurprisingly my response was "NO!"

Stand your ground & give the 2 fingered salute.

I have a TT system at home & while away on the hols one year, the rcd tripped & freezer defrosted. Mrs 107 called the insurance company the day we got back & found the defrosted freezer & they wanted us to photograph the freezer contents ......... no picture no pay out.

Mrs 107 has just said they also required us to purchase the food to given value & produce receipt before they would reimburse us.

I'd say they are trying it on.

I have a freezer full of food. Has been for a few years so realistically its all useless. I should really dump it all but never get round to it but if there was someone who would pay for me to restock it then maybe ;) .

If you get nowhere tomorrow, I suggest you ask them for a written admission that the freezer was off for a period and partly/fully deforested food that needed to be disposed of and replacement was

Just got back from the job so heres an update

No admittance of yet!

but there now claiming there was a full shop done friday, and over 40 ready meals in the freezer from marks and spencers!

no receipt to proove the purchase either.

Even funnier...

the freezer was on this morning! LOL

shes trying it on for definate!

Just got back from the job so heres an updateNo admittance of yet!

but there now claiming there was a full shop done friday, and over 40 ready meals in the freezer from marks and spencers!

Even funnier...

She the female dog kind by the sound of it. Should not be so lazy a cook a proper meal.

Just got back from the job so heres an updateNo admittance of yet!

Even funnier...

ffs!!! if she can afford 40+ M&S ready meals, she can afford to replace them as well!!!

How bigs the freezer? Don't they like iceCream!!! :^O :p

The Freezer was ON... The MCB is working.....

So all of your work was correct then DL... :D otherwise Freeze would still be dead!!! X(

Its NOT your responsibility to have to keep going back round ALL of your previous customers to make sure ALL of their MCB's & RCD's haven't tripped!!!! :eek: :O

:D

Well builder tonight has said they can swivel. He over heard her talking to her husband about it, saying ive not admited it, and they dont think there going to get away with it!

what idiots!

its not as if there skint! there house is rather posh and 2 posh cars.

I would tell them there is nothing you can do without proof of the defrosted food as your insurance company will not pay out and suggest to them that if this happens again they should take photographs etc... to help make a case with the insurance company.

I would tell them there is nothing you can do without proof of the defrosted food as your insurance company will not pay out and suggest to them that if this happens again they should take photographs etc... to help make a case with the insurance company.
absolutely!

Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

I think I shall just get onto my Insurance about the money for that damaged carpet we never had..

but I have already had replaced...

and that broken toilet...

that we already got replaced and disposed of the old one....

j-think they'll pay???? ]:) ] :)

At 18 stone and a bouncer, I like things like this. I have a wonderful way of persuading people to see my side of things. This couple are taking you for a ride. You should tell 'em where to go and be grateful they don't feel the repurcussions....

At 18 stone and a bouncer, I like things like this. I have a wonderful way of persuading people to see my side of things. This couple are taking you for a ride. You should tell 'em where to go and be grateful they don't feel the repurcussions....
im a tad heavier than that lol and 6ft7

shouldn't have any issues in some situation like that! lol

Latest posts