Schneider easy9+ consumer unit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the one that you can put the cover on either way up??

If so then you do realise that the DIN rail is right across the middle of the CU and that there is a lot of wasted room below making the space above the MCB's etc very tight for when you fit any RCBOs

Is this not a latest model?

I like the way the cover can be decorated so it can blend in.

It looks big, and i think bigger is better,  the graphic shoes an RCBO installed with room on top. It also looks like there is room for cables to enter below the busbar unlike most single phase consumer units which have limited room at the bottom.

Im impressed by the vid,   if the price is below £100 i would like to install them.

I just watched that Youtube link   " Single wire through metal holes "     The guy passes the live meter tail through a 20mm hole and back out again , with an ammeter on it and a temperture probe on the metal  . basically , nothing detrimental occurs  but thats not actually what happens .  In real life it would be the live through one KO and the Neutral through the next ....which is what we are warned not to do.

Also instructed NOT to a single Live or neutral in a steel conduit for the same reasons .

Years ago we used to do a lot of , either large single core  PVC or large single core Pyros entering panels etc  and as the apprentii we were given the job  of putting a hacksaw cut between all the holes or making a new plate from aluminium or brass. 

These were  3Ph supplies but I the same occurs between L& N .

I don't think any eddy currents are created as on the Youtube video but I would stand corrected .

I have a post on here which describes meter tails on a 3Ph X 200A supply , clipped to a tray, about 25mm apart  instead of trefoil.  They created an induction field that extended about 1 mtr , through a block wall and caused interference across some office PC monitor screens .   Moved the screens by 1 mtr and they were fine .

The staff refused to sit at that wall until it was sorted.

Edit:    I thought they were hinging the doors in the top position  to ensure they were not left open to stop all the fireballs from exploding out of the  front !

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy passes the live meter tail through a 20mm hole and back out again ,...........  In real life it would be the live through one KO and the Neutral through the next ....which is what we are warned not to do.

It's an equivalent setup.

Doesn't lok to be many knock outs.

I can see ONE big round one in the back and a few round ones top and bottom, but not many.
I see 6x 20mm 2x 32mm at the top and at the bottom. the same as MK, Wylex. it runes the entire width of the board. the option is there to cut inbetween to make a slot.

The rear entry is 4x slots (each slot looks like 2x32mm holes sloted to make 1).

It even has an incomming cable clamp for the tails.

Latest posts