Solar Panels

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re the 16A limit ........ how would they know its more than that?

If the registered installer requirement has been dropped then presumably there is no longer any effective control of upload.  They can't have it both ways.

Under the old FIT scheme like I have the invertor specification had to be approved at installation, and every time I send in a reading I have to state that my system hasn't been modified.

Presumably if I did declare modification, (or was caught doing it but not declaring), I would be kicked off the lucrative tarrif I'm on.

Re the 16A limit ........ how would they know its more than that?

I can see online suppliers selling DIY kits for around £4K ....... mind you, I'm not going on the roof!
 you have to tell them what inverter you have fitted. Now, the chances of anyone popping in to inspect it is basically nil! BUT, if somethig did happen that melted the local tramsformer, then they may well check ut the inverters in the local area and force you to shut it down. As it happens, it's nit that much of an issue, you get nothing for feeding back to the grid currently, and it's not often you will be using 3.68 kW in the house. What solar is best for is wiping out background loads, like the PC, fridge, phone chargers etc etc that tend to be left on all day using leccy in th background. Time it right and you can power the wshing machine, dishwasher etc ectc. Plus, it's not often the panels will be working at max output, that's why we talk about 4 kWp - p being peak. Most of the time there is a bit of high level cloud, moisture in the air, and a bit of dirt on the panels. If ypu really are interested in a set of panels PM me dimensions of your roof and I can get a set of kit delivered to your door.

you have to tell them what inverter you have fitted. Now, the chances of anyone popping in to inspect it is basically nil! BUT, if somethig did happen that melted the local tramsformer, then they may well check ut the inverters in the local area and force you to shut it down. As it happens, it's nit that much of an issue, you get nothing for feeding back to the grid currently, and it's not often you will be using 3.68 kW in the house. What solar is best for is wiping out background loads, like the PC, fridge, phone chargers etc etc that tend to be left on all day using leccy in th background. Time it right and you can power the wshing machine, dishwasher etc ectc. Plus, it's not often the panels will be working at max output, that's why we talk about 4 kWp - p being peak. Most of the time there is a bit of high level cloud, moisture in the air, and a bit of dirt on the panels. If ypu really are interested in a set of panels PM me dimensions of your roof and I can get a set of kit delivered to your door.

Thanks

Off out now for the rest of the day , will pm you tomorrow - really interested in getting a good idea of costs - interested in an install in Woking?

Re DNO registration.

You have to fill in a form to register a DIY system.  They don't ask for any certification, just some basic information.

But when I registered mine, they first tried to tell me I need permission as they saw the "4000" in the model number of the inverter and thought it was 4KW and thus needed pre registration, and they invited me to apply for a quote for the network upgrade work required.  That problem went away when I forwarded the manufacturers declaration that the output was limited to 3.68KW

Latest posts