Solar Related Fire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh.......and at 7 p.m. too! So the PV was unlikely to have been generating - should only have been quiescent current to the inverter ( think its approx 4W)

Unless the inverter was mounted on a flammable surface, or lagged around - or there was some other issue - just can`t envisage what!

A fire can start smouldering, and ignite big time some time later.

Agreed though, at this time of year solar PV output is going to be low (a big fat 0KWH here today on almost the shortest day, overcast and raining all day)

Are we adding 2+2 and making 5?

Yes this house has solar PV, but NOWHERE does it say solar PV was the cause of the fire.  It could have been a badly fitted, insulation covered downlight or anything else.

It is just as probable at this of year for it to be due to Christmas presents or decorations being put in or got out from the loft, whilst up there someone accidentally covering over a down lighter.

Doc H.

those look like solar thermal panels to me not PV too thick and not enough for PV units, plus i think i can see black insulated pipe near top.

So electrical fault will be shite electrical work.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't a PV issue, it's a wet system

Good installers don't put inverters and stuff in attic anyway, crap installers are another issue :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts