Stuck With What Power Tool Upgrade I Should Go For?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medbex boy

Reaction score
Hello all I'm really stuck between what new cordless kit to go for.

I narrowed my search down to either the new dewalt DCK255M2 brushless xrp 3 speed drill and brushless impact driver and the dewalt DCH253M2 SDS-PLUS Plus drill both from anglian tool centre with 6 4th batteries

Or

The metabo combo set 2.1.5 18v ltx sb18 ltx extreme impulse drill and SDS-PLUS Impact drill with 2x 5.2ahr batteries and case. Also the metabo BH18 LTX sds plus drill with 2x 5.2ahr batteries.

I had a cheap dewalt 8 yes ago when I was a apprentice so not sure their quality. I purchased a metabo 12v pistol drill last year and have been really impressed with that but that is my 1st experience of metabo. I currently have a milwaukee combi and the drill has been brilliant after 3 repairs, I don't like the 18v sds so Am changing my whole kit. I am replacing my old faithful bosch 24 nicd sds 15 years old and never let me down due to weight. I am a commercial electrician which moves from job to job and site work where corded tools don't work for me. I need reliability and warranty with the tool which both of thr above come with. I'm swayed to the dewalt but not sure from previous reveiws.

Any help from anyone who has these kits or experience of them would be a great help. Cost wise they are very similar, just want some honest opinions from people In the trades.

Cheers

Sam

I wouldn`t go the Milwaukee again.

Had the Li-Ion 18V combi - still quite a heavy beast; and the battery has lost a lot of its life..... :(

Batt replaced under warranty; charger ditto, trigger ditto.

Not too impressed - though, to be honest, I was well chuffed when I bought it ( n.b. same unit as the "Atlas Copco" and another, whose name has escaped me, due to the level of alcohol imbibed ;) )

I wouldn`t go the Milwaukee again.

Had the Li-Ion 18V combi - still quite a heavy beast; and the battery has lost a lot of its life..... :(

Batt replaced under warranty; charger ditto, trigger ditto.

Not too impressed - though, to be honest, I was well chuffed when I bought it ( n.b. same unit as the "Atlas Copco" and another, whose name has escaped me, due to the level of alcohol imbibed ;) )
AEG? IMHO the AEGs are not the same beast since the Chinese took them over. When they changed from blue to orange, less "metal" in the chucks etc.

(Nor I am I overly impressed with this ZA Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon I bought on special at the Co-op earlier!)  :Y

+1 Another makita fan boi here cant fault them got the BP458 with driver from ebay for £270 the only downside its a bit heavy over long journeys but you can always chuck the driver in the van ;)

Don't have a battery SDS as I cant afford one :( 230v makita for me. its fine just annoying up ladders If I did win the lottery it would be bosch/makita and if all my numbers came up it would be a Hilti.

Never been a fan of Dewalt since they were bought out years back. They never had the same quality.

The CoOp is **** I've been banking with them for years :lol:

I do like makita and I've had a few good ones but the problem is I work with sparks who have loads of makita stuff which the batteries and chargers are always getting mixed and arguments so want a different brand for that reason.

Well, I'd say go for Bosch Blue 18V Li kit personally.

3 yr warranty.

I can't remeber the last time I used a mains hand held power tool since going that way, combi, sds, jigsaw, angle grinder, impact driver and torch, as well as a gator saw and circular that get used less.

However, the most used kit for me is the 10.8V Li impact driver, and drill,light and well powerful enough for most of the stuff, and, lasts long enough.

Latest posts