Swa Termination - The Correct Way

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see the relevance to this thread?
not quite a jubilee clip, but it is a clamp around the armour. do you see the relevance now or still completely blind?

I know the ones you mean. Usually the cheap nasty ones. Since when did manufacturers of accessories dictate how cables should be made off?
tofco & lucy are the main manufacturers of street lighting cutouts used widely in UK. so not exactly 'cheap and nasty'

not quite a jubilee clip, but it is a clamp around the armour. do you see the relevance now or still completely blind?
1. It was done probably 30 years ago.

2. The op even says it is PILC.

As we are talking modern day SWA cable I do not see the relevance.

yes, its PILC, but it still has an armour thats got a clamp on it. would it help if someone edited the picture and highlighted the armour & the clamp since you dont seem to be able to see it

1. It was done probably 30 years ago.

2. The op even says it is PILC.

As we are talking modern day SWA cable I do not see the relevance.
Don't read too much into it, just remembered the picture from a short while ago and thought it was vaguely on topic. Feel free to ignore it rather than be an obstreperous dick as per usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, its PILC, but it still has an armour thats got a clamp on it. would it help if someone edited the picture and highlighted the armour & the clamp since you dont seem to be able to see it
So because it has been done on a different type of cable about 30 years ago that means it is ok to do now on this cable?

Street lighting n the public highway does not need to meet 7671 so maybe those lighting cutouts would suffice. I am not sure on what the standards are for public highway lighting terminations. Lighting cutouts for private columns should be terminated using the appropriate SWA gland if you wish to meet 7671 IMO.

Don't read too much into it, just remembered the picture from a short while ago and thought it was vaguely on topic. Feel free to ignore it rather than be an obstreperous dick as per usual.
Debate with me. No need for the silly names like school children.

Ok. I will look tomorrow.

So where does it say you can terminate SWA cables going against manufacturers instructions?

No you are right. I need to find the cable requirements. By hook or by crook I will find one.

Latest posts