Swa Termination - The Correct Way

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think electrically and mechanically sound are the key points some people seem to be overlooking.

Neither aesthetics or ergonomics come in to it, functionality and practicality are far more important.

Having no experience of various types of cable terminations precludes the right to call the expertise of others in to question.

I was going for ....a Restaurant, could have been Maccy D's. But I do know snakey has some standards
It was only a Brewers Fayre, but not bad.

Adjacent to the hotel.

I turned down a freebie, to have a meeting with John, and a couple of others as it turned out & pay!

Some bloke called "John Peckham" says...

The use of bonding clamps as an alternative to glands.BS951 bonding clamps are designed for clamping on to solid pipes. The force required to make a reliable tight joint on to a SWA cable would effectively deform the cable and may loosen over time due the continued deformation of the cable. The insertion of a piece of copper water pipe under the armour to prevent deformation is bad practice as the SWA armour is galvanised steel which may react with the dissimilar metal copper insert. The use of Jubilee clips to terminate the armour is an absolute bodge (see Regulation 134.1.1)

john..
I would suggest you read it first.

I did, it says; "proper materials shall be used in the erection of the electrical installation"

Jubilee clips were not designed as electrical equipment, they are hose clips... Mr Peckham obviously shares this opinion or he would not have made his comment above.

john..

I did, it says; "proper materials shall be used in the erection of the electrical installation"

Jubilee clips were not designed as electrical equipment, they are hose clips... Mr Peckham obviously shares this opinion or he would not have made his comment above.

john..
Explain this termination kit?

MV-gland-single-top-hat_zpsncvpdq7u.jpg
TH_zpsqekut4o2.jpg

It doesn’t matter what you or Mr Peckham think, it is a standard and accepted method of termination.