The EU Referendum

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we the red indians?   :blink:

:p

of course we are...  :run

time to stand up and be counted before its too late! 

....is this true?  we successfully vote oot then DC gets binned?

Then all we need to do is get rid of politicians and we're sorted!

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked in NZ for a while and Maori rights are a big thing. There's a thing there on the lines of you only have to prove something like an 1/8 Maori blood and have the right to fish, hunt, claim benefit discrimination etc They really clamp down of course on say when the Vietnamese immigrants take too many shellfish off the beach. I think it's about 15% of the populations are Maori and "islanders" - Samoans etc.

The Maori / part Maori / married to Maoris that I know think it's hilarious saying "Everyone forgets the Moriori were here BEFORE us.....but we ATE them!". 

I've never had issue out there with them and drank (to excess) with several on many occasion. One night in Dunedin I was with a group of mainly white guys in a packed bar and a couple had arranged for their Maori mates to join us. Spotting his mate across the bar one of the guys I was with boomed out "Oi, BLACK fella over here!" when he came in. I **** myself thinking there was going to be a stabbing. Nobody batted an eyelid. I thought you just wouldn't do that in England. Much Speights was then quaffed! 

Ref the Brexit thing a cynic might think the Stay campaign are secretly hoping for a leave vote as an excuse to whack up taxes and cut services even if it's not warranted.....

My impression was the white Australians don't like the Aborigines one bit. The Aboriginees tend to mostly inhabit the north of the island where you don't find many white men.

You get a better class of Antipodean in NZ in my humble opinion.

Saying that the gun culture's pretty full on though out there. One of the lads I was working with, his missus & daughter were caught up in the Aramoana massacre out there 10 years or so before.

A local plumber has just taken 6 months off work and WALKED from Darwin to Tasmania!

first Brit to do it and survive. The only trouble he had was in Darwin on the first night....and that was  from two Yanks  !

long walk!

Erm.....what about the "wet" bit in between or was his name Jesus?

Jesus and Moses were arguing in heaven about who did better during their lives. Moses says "I led the people to the promised land, created plagues, wrote the Ten Commandments, what did you do? Feed a few people?" he then sees a river in heaven and says "watch this" he parted the water, walked across the river bed, turned round and made the river run again. Jesus remembered his time in Galillee and started walking across the river, half way across he flounders and has to swim.

Moses "see, told you I was the best"

Jesus "you try doing it with holes in your feet"

I worked in NZ for a while and Maori rights are a big thing. There's a thing there on the lines of you only have to prove something like an 1/8 Maori blood and have the right to fish, hunt, claim benefit discrimination etc They really clamp down of course on say when the Vietnamese immigrants take too many shellfish off the beach. I think it's about 15% of the populations are Maori and "islanders" - Samoans etc.

The Maori / part Maori / married to Maoris that I know think it's hilarious saying "Everyone forgets the Moriori were here BEFORE us.....but we ATE them!". 

I've never had issue out there with them and drank (to excess) with several on many occasion. One night in Dunedin I was with a group of mainly white guys in a packed bar and a couple had arranged for their Maori mates to join us. Spotting his mate across the bar one of the guys I was with boomed out "Oi, BLACK fella over here!" when he came in. I **** myself thinking there was going to be a stabbing. Nobody batted an eyelid. I thought you just wouldn't do that in England. Much Speights was then quaffed! 

Ref the Brexit thing a cynic might think the Stay campaign are secretly hoping for a leave vote as an excuse to whack up taxes and cut services even if it's not warranted.....

Lion Red,

the beverage of choice for the alkies,    ;)

at a barby once [see I know the lingo too] , along with the bossman and some guys, including some original inhabitants, [who kept asking if I was sure I wasnt from Dunedin for some strange reason ?!?!?!    ]

we were getting the beers brought to us by the girls, after a couple of hours or so others one of the guys kicked up a stink about why my beer was always open when I got it,

the girl bringing it out [who for some strange reason had a thing for me ,,,,,  :C   ] , simply said

"shows how fickin thick you are, its a massive insult to give an 'irish' man an unopened beer! "

I spat me beer everywhere,

closely followed by one of the other lasses tossing her jandals over her shoulder and scorching off like a missile with our lovely [albeit naive] young waitress in hot pursuit screaming a lot of words I had never heard before !!!!!!

:pmsl1:

Lion Red,

the beverage of choice for the alkies,    ;)

at a barby once [see I know the lingo too] , along with the bossman and some guys, including some original inhabitants, [who kept asking if I was sure I wasnt from Dunedin for some strange reason ?!?!?!    ]

we were getting the beers brought to us by the girls, after a couple of hours or so others one of the guys kicked up a stink about why my beer was always open when I got it,

the girl bringing it out [who for some strange reason had a thing for me ,,,,,  :C   ] , simply said

"shows how fickin thick you are, its a massive insult to give an 'irish' man an unopened beer! "

I spat me beer everywhere,

closely followed by one of the other lasses tossing her jandals over her shoulder and scorching off like a missile with our lovely [albeit naive] young waitress in hot pursuit screaming a lot of words I had never heard before !!!!!!

:pmsl1:

The company I was working with work in turn for the Speights Brewery to this day. A good few years back they converted two 40' shipping containers into a travelling, ship-able "ale house" when an ex-pat living in London wrote and said how much he missed the stuff. It was all over the news. They stuck it on a boat and eventually had it going up the Thames. It was to be their grand entrance into the UK market. They then parked it up in Docklands. A mate in the NZ firm had a mate who worked for Speights. He contacted me and suggested I become a "Speights Mate". What this meant was you could apply for tickets for the first week the pub was open and attend exclusive evenings there. Me and a couple of mates applied for and got a weeks worth of tickets each! We rolled up the first night, bouncers on the door etc. Walked in, up to the bar & had Speights thrust into our hand. Figuring the first was free we downed it and as soon as it was gone the (very fit) bar maids gave us another and so on. Me being me queried was it all free. Turns out they had not taken into account Part M or something when they built the ale house so there was no disabled access. In turn this meant they couldn't get an alcohol license.....so had to GIVE IT AWAY all week! Get in there, happy grapes days!

They later moved the pub atop Temple tube station and then had a proper pub off The Strand but sadly it folded. I still miss the stuff refuse to pay nearly £40 for 23x330ml from the NZ Shop etc. The real KICKER for me is that a couple of years back I found the warehouse where they import Lion Nathan products is FOUR MILES FROM MY HOUSE. Took me 10 years to find it out. I rang them only to find they no longer import Speights due to lack of demand.....GUTTED! Said they would have been happy to sell direct to me too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I think about the EU mess, I think it can ALL be traced back to the point where the Euro came into being. Its completely impossible for separate countries to share a currency and NOT have Political and Fiscal union.

Couple this with countries like the UK and Poland who won't join the Euro and hey presto we have the chaos we have now.

The EU is determined to create a single European Federal state and for ALL countries to have the Euro......

Something has to change.....

The more I think about the EU mess, I think it can ALL be traced back to the point where the Euro came into being. Its completely impossible for separate countries to share a currency and NOT have Political and Fiscal union.

Couple this with countries like the UK and Poland who won't join the Euro and hey presto we have the chaos we have now.

The EU is determined to create a single European Federal state and for ALL countries to have the Euro......

Something has to change.....
this is exactly how the EU has developed. To make the trading easier they have been trying to make laws the same in each country to create a homogenous single market. It's not a bad idea but does make the EU civil service the ultimate power.....

Latest posts