The Russians are coming!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the risk of inciting our resident Legal Eagle we are sat on 100’s of years of coal. Coal that is now lost to us without massive investment to recover it. With this coal we should be able to export power. The technology to burn coal cleanly is available, expensive I know but preferable to nuclear power plants built by the Chinese.

Gasometers again!!!

Let's knock them all down and turn them into luxury flats then sell them to the Russians!

Resovoirs too!

Maybe we can ship clean water from Antarctica???

@Tony S

I agree for the short term at least, this Chinese deal will be very bad for us!

Chineseium reactor cores  :redcard

we should have our own people building our own nuclear stations
we sold the technology to Hitachi...

Part of the reason the government is keen on fracking is to secure gas supplies, for once I think they are right, although I'm not keen on pumping chemicals into the ground to release the gas. Just smacks of a future problem in the making.

At the risk of inciting our resident Legal Eagle we are sat on 100’s of years of coal. Coal that is now lost to us without massive investment to recover it. With this coal we should be able to export power. The technology to burn coal cleanly is available, expensive I know but preferable to nuclear power plants built by the Chinese.
I agree with that . How does expense compare to being at the mercy of unstable powers to supply energy.

When my site closed there was still millions of tons of high grade coal left to be extracted at an economical rate . 

The communities were thriving and the local towns  high streets are now shadows of what they were.

Even if the mines were running at a a loss they gave the local community dignity.  Thousands of men went to their grave having never  worked again, and it cost a fortune to put them there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let’s face it we are at the mercy of the rest, all we’ve got left is service sector or should that be lip service sector. 

Our politicians are lost at sea without a clue how to read a map or the stars! 

One score point to Andy.

This country is far to reliant on fuel supplies from abroad. Upset any of the countries we rely on and we’ll be looking for this place:

View attachment 9175
Something wrong with this photo !   For years  I've  been familiar with the saying  " Up Shyte Creek without a paddle "    only to find theres a store there selling loads of them !!!! :C

At the risk of inciting our resident Legal Eagle we are sat on 100’s of years of coal. Coal that is now lost to us without massive investment to recover it. With this coal we should be able to export power. The technology to burn coal cleanly is available, expensive I know but preferable to nuclear power plants built by the Chinese

Well, there you go.. They should start digging it up again.. full employment, engineering and steel making and the railways would be booming. Yes it would be expensive, but it would be money for lots of people, not just millions for the few. Ok, it might not be great for the environment, but then neither is fracking and chinese nuclear reactors would be more expensive than the coal and an accident waiting to happen..

Still, would it be that bad to be russian?? Here is what goes on in shopping centres in Moldova

john...

It’s a big, fat NOPE from me. Bouncy shoes look fun, but given the choice between surviving in a bunker and having to wear orange leg warmers the bunker wins every time! 

Bloody Russians are a PITA  ...  there seems to be two types of people there ...the ordinary people ..and  the ruling party leaders  tucked away in the Kremlin .  

I liked Gorbachev  , I thought we could work with him  but not this bloke  with the dead eyes . 

What a world !!  We suddenly find Rocket Man  in Korea wanting to talk peace  and then  we're warning the Russians .        It was probably our own goons with the bloody nerve gas or whatever it was. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-43390885

It appears they don't give a monkey's...

I mean seriously... 

russia-president-vladimir-putin.jpg.e5055a690b17e202ec41a0c3ab80a86e.jpg

boris-johnson-attends-his-constituency-declaration-472459584-59cddeb3a82c9.jpg.dfccd1825a24223c5b21b573b32a0b6f.jpg

Latest posts