These Barclays Bank Emails Are A Scam ...right ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know .......   I just heard on the news that Barclays were having cash point problems ..... then people get these emails asking for their details etc ,  its like a constant online battle it seems .   I'm not even with Barclays.

I always think that one day ........like the terrorists who hate us so much .......they will get through big time .

If you ever get asked for bank details or to click something to make a payment it's probably a scam.

If you get a message from a bank you don't bank with then it's probably a scam.

If you get an email from a company with an attached .doc invoice/purchase order etc then it is a scam.

If you get an unexpected email asking for anything or attaching anything it is probably a scam.

Most people use 1 email address for everything so can't tell what is a scam and what is genuine. If you use more than 1 email address you have more chance of filtering out genuine emails. Gmail is good for this as you can append something to the username portion of the email address so if you have [email protected] you can use say [email protected] and mail will be delivered to your Gmail inbox but will show up as being sent to [email protected]. You then instantly know if anything purporting to be from TEF but sent to any other email address is probably spam/scam email.

Typical,email,scam....bin it

I saw recently some stuff on th.e Dartford crossing going "web based" for its toll charges..........and HM Gov NOT putting the Web Address on the signs. Resulting in loads of people setting up,their own payment sites!

Whoops!
Thanks Kerch you just reminded me to pay the dart charge! :D

Thanks Kerch you just reminded me to pay the dart charge! :D
Address is

[email protected]

Just helping

On the subject of emails.....i own all,my domain names and have an infinite number of email addresses..

all specific to the site i am responding to

I Have done this for about 6 years or so....it works for me!

On the subject of emails.....i own all,my domain names and have an infinite number of email addresses..

all specific to the site i am responding to

I Have done this for about 6 years or so....it works for me!
Pretty much what I do, but trying to explain this to people usually ends up with them zoning out so the Gmail option is usually more universally acceptable, it's something they have heard of, is free and doesn't need any technical knowhow whatsoever to implement.

Latest posts