what do you do with all your waste

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
Hi All

i was wondering what you all do with your waste. i have had i few thoughts but would like to hear what all you lot do.

1) store all waste in garage and then when i got enough crap , get a skip

2) get a small weelie bin, ( think this is the ideal, but don;t know where to get it from and how much)

3) Put it in the mrs car and take to the tip ( but think the may cotton on , if i am going every weekend)

4) Get a tipping leicence ( Cha Ching $$$$$

I just flush when I'm done................ :coat

Can you not leave it for homeowner to dispose of?
or as it says in the other thred... put it under the floor boards.

I try and not leave it for the customer, like to clear up after myself. ! Guinness

general crap, brick dust, cables , old light fittings ,, Consumer units, ...

i recylcle the cardboard and plastic, and send the florecent tubes etc... back to the wholesellers.

I try and not leave it for the customer, like to clear up after myself. ! Guinness
Not leave it all over the place just a tied bin bag? Even put it in their bin.

AFAIK to even take it home you need a waste carriers licence!

1. Customer's skip

2. My regular builder's skip ( always ask him first)

3. In to rubbish bags and down the tip, saying just been clearing my garage out.

4. Cable to scrap metal depot of course.

general crap, brick dust, cables , old light fittings ,, Consumer units, ...i recylcle the cardboard and plastic, and send the florecent tubes etc... back to the wholesellers.
general crap - Small amounts in clients bin if they agree, large amounts go to tip with the 4x4 pickup (not sign written) every month or so.

brick dust - Clients bin.

cables - Strip for scrap copper or take in for scrap as is and take lower price when there is enough.

old light fittings - Small amounts in clients bin if they agree, large amounts go to tip with the 4x4 pickup (not sign written) every month or so.

Consumer units - Strip out bits that are good for spares, ebay some parts and copper bits go for scrap the rest goes to the tip.

You may or may not care but what you are doing is illegal!http://www.wastedirectory.org.uk/
This waste carriers licence stuff is IMO an even bigger pile of brown doggy pooh than Part-P is!:_|headbangX:)

A domestic homeowner can quite legally collect their own rubbish from a DIY project in their own home wot they are doing.. Put it in their car.. take it to their own local tip... (one of many service's wot they pay their council tax for) and dump it in the relevant segregated skips for the different types of rubbish.

This same home owner could be doing their own rewire, (notifying the council as appropriate to comply with part P).. Then they can still take their cables and electrical waste to their local tip as above.

But if our DIY homeowner decides he's a bit pushed for time and asks me to come and do some/all of the work, I cannot take the exact same waste that he can legal dump to the same tip!!! ????? DOH!!!headbangheadbangheadbang

AND even though I may be going to the tip with my own rubbish anyway...

I cannot legally carry that bit of rubbish that I generated at another person home!!! Even though as above the rubbish itself is perfectly legal to dump by someone else!!!

AND

If I did it.. I would be reducing TWO people TWO vehicles making the same trip..

Greenhouse gases, fuel efficiency etc.. etc... BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!headbangheadbang MY AR5E!!!!!!

ALSO

the homeowner may be elderly, unable to drive and therefore restricted themselves as to freedom to take rubbish they are legal entitled to dump!!!

But if I offer to help..... FFS I am doing something Illegal!!!! :| :eek: :Oheadbangheadbang:_| :_|

I CANNOT GET MY HEAD AROUND THE LOGIC OF THIS ONE!!!!!!!

complete load of BORROX!!!! IMHO!X(X( X(

Its a bl00dy good job I have had a few GuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinness

Cuz this topic does make my blood boil!!!!!headbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbang

headbang

I believe that under the law we can take new fluorescent fittings from the wholesalers to the job , but need a licence to take the old ones from the job to the tip. !!!
NAIL HEAD HIT RUDDY HARD!!!!!!!!!

this law make Part P look like a fairy tale princes castle with twinkley stars and talking furry animals...

oh so sweet is Part P....

WASTE LICENCE

CRAPX( headbang , CRAPX( headbang , CRAPX( headbang ,

Specs - I agree with you - it's stupid!

To be fair don't start me on Vet waste as there are so many damn categories you wouldn't believe it. If I open a box, remove a bottle, draw up some drugs in a needle and syringe and inject it into an animal I have generated waste from 5 different waste streams that must be separated and accounted for! I kid you not.

:|

Hi Alli was wondering what you all do with your waste. i have had i few thoughts but would like to hear what all you lot do.

1) store all waste in garage and then when i got enough crap , get a skip

2) get a small weelie bin, ( think this is the ideal, but don;t know where to get it from and how much)

3) Put it in the mrs car and take to the tip ( but think the may cotton on , if i am going every weekend)

4) Get a tipping leicence ( Cha Ching $$$$$

Just because we don't agree with a law doesn't mean we can ignore it. It's not how society works. We (reluctantly) pay vast sums of money every year for waste disposal.

It's no different to saying you don't agree with part P so you're not notifying any work or paying to join a scheme. Why bother with any of it? Would your work be any less safe if you didn't notify? No. BUT you are doing a professional job and should conduct yourself and your business legally and above board. IMO

It's daft but we have no choice!

Just because we don't agree with a law doesn't mean we can ignore it. It's not how society works. We (reluctantly) pay vast sums of money every year for waste disposal. It's no different to saying you don't agree with part P so you're not notifying any work or paying to join a scheme. Why bother with any of it? Would your work be any less safe if you didn't notify? No. BUT you are doing a professional job and should conduct yourself and your business legally and above board. IMO

It's daft but we have no choice!
Or just leave the waste for the customer to take themselves to the tip...

All legal & OK...

Just a bit of a sod for the 80year old pensioners who have to take that bin bag on the Bus!!!!

Not quite the same as Part rules IMHO...

No potential safety risks or specific college course training needed to segregate rubbish into the right skips!!!!

X( :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

NAIL HEAD HIT RUDDY HARD!!!!!!!!!this law make Part P look like a fairy tale princes castle with twinkley stars and talking furry animals...

oh so sweet is Part P....

WASTE LICENCE

CRAPX( headbang , CRAPX( headbang ,

Specs, I get the impression you are not overly happy about the rubbish in transit laws. I don't know what makes me think that.

Surely nothing is as SO STUPIDLY BLOODY IRRITATING AND WALLET ROBBING AS BLOODY BLEEDIN' SODDING , BLOOMING, RIP OFFING PART PATHETICALLY ANNOYING P :_|

Where has the Headbanging Smiley gorn, its not there! Oh its all right for Specs to use it, favouritism that is, but when I come to use it , its gorn, it is no more, its a late Smiley, its pushing up daisys OOOOH IT MAKES ME SO MAD Its a conspiracy , they are taking control of the Forum, what can we do to wind up Deke, yes , call him Sandra thats what started it , now who was it ...... lets see.... I wonder ..who was it now ,...Mmmm ..

Oh and now I get a message saying I ve used too many images...whats all that about ... its infamy..they've all got it in for me...

Latest posts