what do you do with all your waste

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or just leave the waste for the customer to take themselves to the tip...All legal & OK...

Just a bit of a sod for the 80year old pensioners who have to take that bin bag on the Bus!!!!

Not quite the same as Part rules IMHO...

No potential safety risks or specific college course training needed to segregate rubbish into the right skips!!!!

X( :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|
Ah...

but it's not.

As a contractor you have to dispose of your own waste (not leave it on site)!!

TBH it's just another money making scam for your local council - I think it's

Or just leave the waste for the customer to take themselves to the tip...All legal & OK...
That's a good idea ;)

an you not leave it for homeowner to dispose of?
Not quite the same as Part rules IMHO...No potential safety risks or specific college course training needed to segregate rubbish into the right skips!!!!
I'm not suggesting you do dodgy electrics, what I was saying is IF you did the same job as you do now, but didn't notify anything, or fill in any paperwork you'd have more money in your pocket, more free evenings and less dead trees.

I'm not arguing with you - because I agree with you. :D

Society doesn't work if we chose which laws we want to obey! It's the law so I work within that - even though I disagree with it!

(Vet example - eye drops. I can sell human eye drops for your dog for

Ballcocks and balderdash!!!Wife, & five kids, & pets.....

more rubbish than will fit into a single weeks bin..
Every fortnights bin collection here. And the lid has to be down, if it's not properly closed they take the top bag out, empty it, and put it back in. So you start a fortnight with a full bin bag headbang

Ah...but it's not.

As a contractor you have to dispose of your own waste (not leave it on site)!!
See post #14

HOW CAN THE SAME PHYSICAL RUBBISH CHANGE BECAUSE OF WHO PHYSICALLY SCREWED AN ELECTRICAL ACCESSORY TO THE WALL OR CEILING????????

a] Joe the homeowner does it himself?

b] Joe the homeowner asks a family relative to do it?

c] Joe the homeowner asks a friend to help him out?

d] Joe the homeowner asks a bloke from Yellow ages to do the work?

So Why is only d] needing a licence?

:eek:

See post #14HOW CAN THE SAME PHYSICAL RUBBISH CHANGE BECAUSE OF WHO PHYSICALLY SCREWED AN ELECTRICAL ACCESSORY TO THE WALL OR CEILING????????

All about payment and money changing hands.

I can give my friend a lift into work, but not make money from it. If I do then I an counted as a taxi.

I am uninsured in my car if I go and see a sick animal in it (social, domestic and commuting). (Why should there be a sick animal in my car?)

The difference is you are offering it as a service, for payment as part of your business (even if you don't specifically charge for it - maybe you should!).

I think for most of these things (waste transfer laws, part p etc...) 'tarred with the same brush' covers most of it.

Oh jeez...don't get me on the bins

Grey (it's black but they call it Grey WTF!!) non reclyclable waste - every 2 weeks

Orange (small bin) - food waste - weekly

Blue - plastic, paper, cardboard, metal, glass - every 2 weeks (not same week as Grey)

Brown - garden waste - every 2 weeks (god knows which one!!)

Samp as Apache - all lids have to be closed!! - they will not empty bags into bins!

See post #14HOW CAN THE SAME PHYSICAL RUBBISH CHANGE BECAUSE OF WHO PHYSICALLY SCREWED AN ELECTRICAL ACCESSORY TO THE WALL OR CEILING????????

It's because your business created it and your business is therefore responsible for it's disposal

It's because your business created it and your business is therefore responsible for it's disposal
ERM???

BORROX!!!!:pBlushing:O

NOPE!!!

The homeowner created it because THEY chose to have work done!!!!

No mater how much I plead with anyone I cannot force them to pay me to do work...

The customer chooses the work to have done...

I choose what jobs I do in my house....

Just so happens I don't ask another trader to do my plumbing or electrics or decorating or gardening or cooking......

and even if if DID

Its ME who decide when & what I have done...

So I initiate and generate the waste cycle.....

oh by the way NOZ

I think I will come and replace the light in you back bedroom next week!!!!

WHO decides?

WHO generates the waste cycle?????????????????????

don't think it will be ME somehow!? :( :eek: ? :| ]:)

BINS BINS .. NOT THE BINS... round here we have a round dustbin, 3 months supply of black bags, a blue plastic box, a green plastic box, green plastic bags.

non recycling rubbish in black bag.... black bag in round bin...Tuesday night, take bag from bin and place at kerbside , forget and bag will not be collected.

Blue box ... glass,tins,plastic. Place at kerbside every other week.

Green box.... paper/card. Place at kerb every other week.

Green bags.... garden/grass cuttings. Place at kerbside the week when its not boxes.

BINS BINS .. NOT THE BINS... round here we have a round dustbin, 3 months supply of black bags, a blue plastic box, a green plastic box, green plastic bags.non recycling rubbish in black bag.... black bag in round bin...Tuesday night, take bag from bin and place at kerbside , forget and bag will not be collected.

Blue box ... glass,tins,plastic. Place at kerbside every other week.

Green box.... paper/card. Place at kerb every other week.

Green bags.... garden/grass cuttings. Place at kerbside the week when its not boxes.
Ask em for a box for WEEE!!!

gew on Deke....

I dare YA!!!!!!!!! :p ; )Blushing:O:x] :) :^O :^O:^O:^O

We live in a throw away society and until they come up with an effective method of disposal they do what they do best TAX us...........

There has been alot of debate about the best way to deal with waste and even recycling as believe it or not we are behind alot of other countries when it comes to recycling, there is a UK plastics company that buys 70% of there plastic to recycle from abroad as they are only after 2 certain types of plastic and when they buy from abroad they get what they want , when they buy from UK the bundles are mixed.

There are alot of companies around that have found they can actually increase profits by selling their recyclable waste. If you generate enough waste and can find a buyer that is always an option, my own views are recycle where possible scrap copper , all scrap metal , there must be someone somewhere that recycles plastic fittings , but where are they how do they work ? Who knows .

Be responcable with your waste, if everyone went down the law abiding route there would be no issues , but alas there are to many shady people that will fly tip or just drive around an industrial estate and dump his waste in someone elses skip in the dead of night, how can a law abiding person compete with someone like that ! . Once I complete the path I have started and if I go down the self employed route my plan is to recycle what I can either by reuse or recycling , for all other stuff several wheelie bins kept out of site down bottom of garden, then when full a mini skip as and when needed, build it up until you have enough to fill it. But by that time the laws might of changed once again ! ! !.

Totally differant thing here and I am probably way off the mark here , hey Im only a newb , florscent tubes are classed as hazardous waste because of the materials inside of them , does this mean that the new style light bulbs are also hazardous waste ? ? ? ? As I have been told that the low energy bulbs are minature florscents .

(I say sorry for my bad spelling now)

ERM???BORROX!!!!:pBlushing:O

NOPE!!!

The homeowner created it because THEY chose to have work done!!!!

No mater how much I plead with anyone I cannot force them to pay me to do work...

The customer chooses the work to have done...

I choose what jobs I do in my house....

Just so happens I don't ask another trader to do my plumbing or electrics or decorating or gardening or cooking......

and even if if DID

Its ME who decide when & what I have done...

So I initiate and generate the waste cycle.....

oh by the way NOZ

I think I will come and replace the light in you back bedroom next week!!!!

WHO decides?

WHO generates the waste cycle?????????????????????

don't think it will be ME somehow!? :( :eek: ? :| ]:)
Would you, the wife has been waiting for ages for me to do it;) ;)

we need a bin for all the blown lightbulbs, old electrical equipment, and batteries