What Multifunction tester to buy?????????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buttonit

Reaction score
Evening, i am about to buy a multifunction tester, i was looking at a fluke 1651B and Kewtech KT62, can anyone say which is the better of the 2??? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
megger 1552, easy to use, looks like its made by fisher price.

i got one for under

I quite like Megger have a cm500 although its away at present having the low current loop readings sorted out. I have a Fluke 1652 now that has been repaired twice and I think it is going to have to go away again as the display has started to play up again. I think with any MFT its luck of the draw.

Batty

My fluke 1652 has been in almost daily use since 2005. It has never been repaired or re-calibrated, and it as accurate as the day I bought it.

I`d have no hesitation in suggesting it; however everything comes down to personal preference, and cost.

Get the best unit you can afford. Gol to a wholesaler who has them in stock, and "try before you buy".

Make sure you understand all the functions, and limitations, before you buy.

Let us know what you choose, please?

KME

I've got a Megger 1502......

It's great, but as it was their first 15xx MFT it doesn't have an auto RCD test :( :( :(

TBH you will always have the Megger / Fluke debate and I would guess that they are as good as eachother - they are both well known established brands.

I'd try and get your hands on both of them to see how they "fit" with you.

Probably fine but i'm always dubious about spending that amount of money on e-bay. Just me I guess
I certainly would not after the problems I have had with the MFT's over the last few years. If it goes wrong will the seller sort it out?