Wiring CCTV into fuse board

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunSwales

Reaction score
I’m looking to install CCTV in my home, must of the cameras I have are plugs or usb connections. I want to be able to connect these to 1.5mm or 2.5mm cable already running through the house,
Is this possible?

An how could this be done?

Pictures of your cameras and their cables would help.
As for can you connect them to existing 1.5 mm or 2.5mm cables, that depends on what these existing cables are doing now.

Usually plug into a socket for the DVR, you could change sockets for ones with usb points for the cameras. NB usb sockets tend to be quite deep, as they have a transformer on the back, so you would need to check the back boxes are deep enough to get them in.

Usually plug into a socket for the DVR, you could change sockets for ones with usb points for the cameras. NB usb sockets tend to be quite deep, as they have a transformer on the back, so you would need to check the back boxes are deep enough to get them in.
Any system i have fitted normally comes with approx 25m of suitable camera cables either usb or bnc so power only required at dvr.