Your favourite filler.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adonoghue1985

Reaction score
Hi all, random question for everyone and only a bit of fun.

What is your favourite filler?

Personally I use easi fill followed by a skim then a rub down.

I like Fast Fix, it's creamy white, used for dabbing plasterboard and filling, but also great for making good chases and boxes, it goes off quick, sticks like s**t to a blanket, and a thin coat over the top makes a nice finnish.

Your favourite filler.

Cheese and Ham, Mate.

I always carry a tube of white decorators caulk and a scraper/ filling knife. I use it for all sorts of things, I find it provides a lovely finish to white trunking work especially where the trunking enters/ exits walls and ceilings. If I have any larger holes to fill I will get a tub of something more substantial, white coloured if possible. I also carry a tube of clear silicon for working on outside fixtures and fittings.

Horses for courses

Black silicone

White Silicone

Clear silicone

Brown Silicone

White Caulk

Magnolia Caulk [ not very common but F handy as you can gob the hole up then mix white and magnolia together to almost match up the finish , I use a plasterers leaf trowel]

Screwfix Lightweight filler

Expanding foam

Why does nobody seem to make terracota/brick coloured filler?.......just a thought.......... :coat

Skim and fill from Toolstation

Decorators caulk

Silicone

Expanding foam.

If I can't sort it with any of the above then I call my plasterer.

try 'one time' its that good even i can use it. very good

If you use 'knock up' buy tourpret from toolstation. It's about double price of poly filler but 100 times better and fills 25mm deep n wide chases in two goes and sets ready to sand in half hour. Well impressed and wouldn't use anything else as finish is perfect. Hth :)

Easyfill

A range of silicone

Gripfill for sticking back bits of blown brick:innocent

Smooth Peanut Butter on Wholemeal Seeded Bread (with a pinch of salt)....
Peanut butter CRUNCHY and marmite

marmite and lemon cheese

marmite, peanut butter and sandwich spread

extra strong cheddar

tuna cheese, crunchy fried onions

All on brown bread

Some people think me odd, others that know me .... :coat

I had thought about having some around my eyes and forehead, as I am now getting to that old git stage, well that's what the wife say's, even the blue pills don't work like they used to. :shakehead