New Laptop, Any ideas ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartrw79

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new laptop for work purposes only, need to run basic word, excel etc and electrical software currently running Amtech. Only really want a 15

I heard badgers got some laptops for sale from looting the other day :slap

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:19 ----------

With netbooks don't you have to use an external hard drive or have they got hd installed

In them ?

not sure ATM,

but will let you know next week about running software,

Amtech runs fine under ubuntu,

not so sure about easycert, this could make or break my review on them TBH, and also the firm, as their customer service left a lot to be desired.

Ebuyer do come up with some good deals just bought a few new monitors through them. Last computer came from cosco they seem a bit cheaper than other places.

A nice dell with 3 year on site warrantyI have a contact for dell seconds / returns if your interested pm me (they come with a full dell warranty but cannot be sold as new due to being opened or having a scratch)

The guy normally has 10 to 20 in stock and they can be from 10 to 30% cheaper than from dells direct www site
Hi Canoeboy, just looking at a Dell for 'er indors' any chance of seeing if there is an Inspiron 17R available? (Normal price 480)

Regards...........Steve

I heard badgers got some laptops for sale from looting the other day :slap ---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:19 ----------

With netbooks don't you have to use an external hard drive or have they got hd installed

In them ?
:coat