WIRING CHECK (2 SEPARATE LIGHTS - 3 SWITCHES)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay3005

Reaction score
I would be very grateful if someone could check the wiring diagram below.

2 separate bedside lights - on or off controlled by the top switch and the other by the bottom switch

Both to be turned off or on by middle switch  ( this switch will be by the door, just in case we have not turned the lights off)

Thank you in advance

Jason.

4d37163b39.jpg.e89a0ce74559f3484064b459f0245e5c.jpg

youve taken a diagram for intermediate switching and stuck a random light across the strappers and expect it to light up? doesnt quite work that way, although youre welcome to try it

Ignoring your diagram, you could wire a master switch by the door, but it would be a PITA when you go to turn the bedside light on, and find the master switch is off.

Otherwise wire both bedside lights as conventional 2 way switching but it would mean TWO switches by the door, one for each bedside light (and presumably a third switch for the main light as well)

Without a logic circuit and relay / solid state switching I can't see a way to do what you want. Using a control unit would probably cost at least £50. plus installation.

cheers, Paul

Thank all for replying.

I am going with Pro Dave advice - One extra switch will be fine - I could not work it out in my head with 3.

Thank you

Jason.