pat testing prices

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't really make a day's pay  out of PAT testing  at the prices around today .   I only do it for regular customers  .    One of them had it done for 0.30p  / item 

You can't really make a day's pay  out of PAT testing  at the prices around today .   I only do it for regular customers  .    One of them had it done for 0.30p  / item 

30p per item .................. poor sod that had to do that 

Minimum wage about £7 plus overheads so say £3 per hour total = £10 / 0.30 = 33 per hour EVERY hour EVERY day .

Must be a loss leader and then the "inspection" can't be trusted ................ 

I was asked to draw up a schedule for PAT testing. King Canute holding back the tide had more luck than I did. The operative word is “portable”, try finding a bit of kit on a site four miles square. I’d put out a list of things to be tested, half of them had vanished when the lads went to do the test.

Cost? About £40 per item based on tradesman’s rates.

A realistic  , but probably unatainable price  for PAT testing  would be in the region of  £5.50  /item .   Worked on  doing 4 tests /hour ...write out the sticky label .. check  connections in  plug top  ...enter results on record sheet  .  

Now I'm semi - retired  and struggling with  too much kneeling  .....   the days of  clambering up tower platforms.....  hauling ladders about ...  pulling 240mm  X 4 core SWA's in on my own !!!....    etc etc     are now gone  ...I  gave some thought to PAT testing  and this  forthcoming  mandatory  rental property testing .     Thats as far as it wentTBH

(  Visualize Brian shrugging his shoulders ) .

A realistic  , but probably unatainable price  for PAT testing  would be in the region of  £5.50  /item .   Worked on  doing 4 tests /hour ...write out the sticky label .. check  connections in  plug top  ...enter results on record sheet  .  

Now I'm semi - retired  and struggling with  too much kneeling  .....   the days of  clambering up tower platforms.....  hauling ladders about ...  pulling 240mm  X 4 core SWA's in on my own !!!....    etc etc     are now gone  ...I  gave some thought to PAT testing  and this  forthcoming  mandatory  rental property testing .     Thats as far as it wentTBH

(  Visualize Brian shrugging his shoulders ) .
 type : C without the space  :C  

:C         WOW!!!!!!       Its Brian  !!!     :C    And again  !!!!       ( Visualize me typing   🚨   :C without  the space . Whats going on here ?    

Now hang on ...how did you type  : C     without Brian appearing ?      Ah  Without the space  ...right  got it !     :C   Yep  thats it !    

OOOoooh  its like the sun is shining again !!!! 

Sharpie  I'm putting you down for stand - by  Forum IT Consultant   

Last edited by a moderator:
P M S L     without the spaces  is  PMSL    oh ...PMSL   ...erm...:pMSL   ...um   : PMSL       Naw this is a wind up !     :C         :pmsl:

Memo :     Cancel recommending Sharpie as stand - by  IT Guru   :pmsl:  

Must try out your import photos link  Sharpie  , I'll give it a go tomorrow. 

Last edited by a moderator: