Flexible conduct to hide cables

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIY GUY

Reaction score
Hi quick question, I have 2 cables attached with cable clips running along my garage beams (from the front to the back) from consumer box in garage, ones going to garage light and the other is going to a socket at the other end of my garage. Is it safe for me to hide these cables in split flexible conduct to make them look a bit tidier? Conduct is around 3/4” wide. 

Who ever has clipped the cables to the beam (previous owners) hasn’t done a very good job tbh, tight at some parts then big loops at other parts, so was just going to put conduct round it with it cable tied neatly. My concern was a few cables in a small space? Would it be safe to do do you reckon? 

change the installation reference method from clipped direct to enclosed in conduit and you will need to do the relevant calculations to ensure they are still compliant

Solid PVC conduit  might be neater  but you'd have to disconnect the wiring to push it down the tube .

If you don't fancy that ,   fit some PVC mini - trunking   YT2  perhaps  .  Get the self adhesive if the  fixing is not dusty  otherwise , some  1" X 8   screws .  

Solid PVC conduit  might be neater  but you'd have to disconnect the wiring to push it down the tube .

If you don't fancy that ,   fit some PVC mini - trunking   YT2  perhaps  .  Get the self adhesive if the  fixing is not dusty  otherwise , some  1" X 8   screws .  
Thanks, so it’ll be safe a few cables in the same trunking? That was my concern