DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Davexxx

Hello folks,
I have a 99+8 zone GSM Alarm system and could desperately do with some help setting it up. My problem is when I first installed it, I used it as a wireless system, but because of the heavy use and price of the batteries, I now want to use it as hard-wired. I have installed all the wiring, magnetic sensors on the doors and windows, but for some reason, I can't seem to manage to set it this system up. I would very much appreciate it if anyone can help me with this. If I could factory reset it then that might help, but I don't know how to do that.
Davexxx

Sharpend

Have you got the specific model number Dave? 

Andy™
43 minutes ago, Sharpend said:

Have you got the specific model number Dave? 

from google, would appear to be cheap tat

https://www.dhgate.com/product/high-efficiency-security-system-99-8-zone/371962288.html

best option would be to rip it out and fit a decent alarm. most wireless alarms will easily last 2-4 years befor needing batteries changed, although id usually change them anyway on a yearly service

Davexxx

Hi Geordie, thank for taking an interest in this post. All I want is a basic alarm that protects entry for door and windows, no PIRs. just magnetic sensors. As for the batteries on doors and windows I'm lucky to get 3 months before they need to be changed. On the front page of the User manual, it says 99+8 ZONE LCD speech household alarm. Followed by GSM Alarm System. I can't find any specific model number for it, that's all there is. I don't want to get rid of it as it worked perfectly when it was set up to use wireless. So I'm happy with it.